User forums > Using Code::Blocks

Settings does not get saved (v.16.01 LINUX )

(1/2) > >>

larienna:
Each time I start Code blocks, I need to chose my compiler an change to color of the mouse cursor because it simply does not save this information from a session to another. It also does not remember which recent projects were opened.

So how can I make sure that the config gets saved?
Where is that information saved, there could be a problem with the target file like for example access rights?

oBFusCATed:
Can you show us the permissions of your config folders (~/.config/codeblocks)?
To do so fun the command:

--- Code: ---find ~/.config/codeblocks -ls
--- End code ---

This is very common problem and I want to know what people do to mess it up.
Please don't fix permissions before showing the listing.

Thanks.

larienna:
OK, thanks, it worked. The file was owned by root. Which not only did not saved the config, but C::B crashed randomly while simply typing text. So far the config is saved, I assume it won't crash randomly now.

oBFusCATed:
It will still crash, these are unrelated problems. I've already helped an ubuntu user how to solve these in the last few days.
So search the forum please.

And I asked for a file listing, but I'm not getting it.
I guess I'll have to answer this question many more times and not really fix the bug... Or improve the situation.

larienna:
You are right, it is not related. I thought it crashed because it tried to save the config file in background. But it crashed again this afternoon.

I have not done much so far. Imported some code highlighting theme, and modified a theme. stated a new project and that's it. Everything else is fresh install.

What file listing do you require?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version