Author Topic: [solved] Newly opened source code tabs are empty  (Read 4396 times)

Offline doctor_vitus

• Multiple posting newcomer
[solved] Newly opened source code tabs are empty
« on: September 16, 2017, 01:20:04 am »
My CodeBlocks 16.01 behaves strangely on Ubuntu 17.04 MATE AMD64 (it already did on the previous Ubuntu versions). After the start, anythings works fine, but after compiling/debugging the current project several times, I'm not able to open any new source code files anymore. Clicking on a source file in the project tree opens a new tab, but it is simply displayed as a blank page without the editor or any source code (please see attachment).

The funny thing is: If i type on this empty page, an asterisk is added before the file name in the tab header, so obviously codeblocks accepts changes, although I don't see the source code.

I already deleted ~/.config/codeblocks/, reinstalled codeblocks from the repository and tried to compile a nightly version myself, but the bug remains.

I also use CodeBlocks on my ancient Dell Lattitude Laptop and Ubuntu 17.04 MATE 32-Bit. It works fine there, no problems with the bug.

Has anyone an idea how to fix this?

Thanks in advance and best regards,
doctor_vitus
« Last Edit: September 17, 2017, 01:42:05 am by doctor_vitus »

Offline oBFusCATed

• Developer
  • Lives here!
    • Travis build status
Re: Newly opened source code tabs are empty
« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2017, 01:24:36 am »
You might be hitting some of these two problems:
https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/codeblocks/+bug/1675807
https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/codeblocks/+bug/1710424

You can try a night build and if the problem persists, we'll need a way to reproduce the problem.
(most of the time I ignore long posts)
[strangers don't send me private messages, I'll ignore them; post a topic in the forum, but first read the rules!]

Offline doctor_vitus

« Reply #2 on: September 16, 2017, 02:16:27 am »
Thanks for the quick response, oBFusCATed. I installed the current trunk version, which seems to have fixed the problem. But please allow some more tests until I mark the topic as solved.

Offline oBFusCATed

• Developer
  • Lives here!
    • Travis build status
« Reply #3 on: September 16, 2017, 12:47:26 pm »
Good, let us know if there are more problems with the night build.
(most of the time I ignore long posts)
[strangers don't send me private messages, I'll ignore them; post a topic in the forum, but first read the rules!]

Offline doctor_vitus

« Reply #4 on: September 17, 2017, 01:41:14 am »
Works like a charm! Thanks a lot, oBFusCATed, and please keep up the good work. :)