Author Topic: Scintilla 3.7.5 update  (Read 13949 times)

Offline oBFusCATed

• Developer
  • Lives here!
    • Travis build status
Re: Scintilla 3.7.5 update
« Reply #15 on: February 27, 2018, 12:56:07 am »
No it is not a goal, neither is possible to do.
We need to have at least the wxsmith lexer patch applied.
We have also the changebar patch applied.

But keeping wxscintilla and wxstc in sync will make it easier to upgrade in the future (far away future).
(most of the time I ignore long posts)
[strangers don't send me private messages, I'll ignore them; post a topic in the forum, but first read the rules!]

Offline MortenMacFly

• Administrator
  • Lives here!
« Reply #16 on: February 27, 2018, 09:07:51 am »
Is the final goal to use the wx integrated scintilla component? Is this even possible?
We could switch to this component but will face major 2 drawbacks
1.) Updates will come late
2.) Out modifications (e.g. changebar) are lost.

One major drawback I see is that we will loose the wxSmith related patches / changes unless we customise wxWidgets itself. I don't like that to be honest. However, the current C::B Scintilla is really old and the structure of Scintilla has changes a lot since then so it will be definitely some effort to re-integrate our patches into the current Scintilla.

If the update to v3.7.5 is a step towards an update I propose to do it.
Compiler logging: Settings->Compiler & Debugger->tab "Other"->Compiler logging="Full command line"
C::B Manual: https://www.codeblocks.org/docs/main_codeblocks_en.html
C::B FAQ: https://wiki.codeblocks.org/index.php?title=FAQ

Offline oBFusCATed

• Developer
  • Lives here!
    • Travis build status
« Reply #17 on: February 27, 2018, 10:51:59 am »
The list of changes we have to the core scintilla isn't too big.
The two are the changebars and the wxsmith stuff. These two are separated in two commits.

We have more changes in the wx part, but most of these doesn't seem required. At least on linux.

@Morten: Should I commit my changes or wait a bit for you to do some testing on windows?
[strangers don't send me private messages, I'll ignore them; post a topic in the forum, but first read the rules!]

Offline BlueHazzard

• Developer
  • Lives here!
« Reply #18 on: February 27, 2018, 04:36:00 pm »

Offline oBFusCATed

• Developer
  • Lives here!
    • Travis build status
« Reply #19 on: February 27, 2018, 07:42:32 pm »
Good to know, but it is not a show stopper.
Which branch are you testing the one with all the patches or the one without them?

Offline BlueHazzard

• Developer
  • Lives here!
« Reply #20 on: February 27, 2018, 09:08:05 pm »
Which branch are you testing the one with all the patches or the one without them?
https://github.com/obfuscated/codeblocks_sf/tree/scintilla_3_7_5

Offline oBFusCATed

• Developer
  • Lives here!
    • Travis build status
« Reply #21 on: March 15, 2018, 01:34:21 am »
Scintilla 3.7.5 is in trunk now. Most of the patches that doesn't seem needed have not been added.
I'm running with this version for quite a while and I've not seen regressions.

The big new feature is better multiple cursors. Pasting with multiple cursors work pretty well.
Soon I hope to add code-completion with multiple cursors.

Let me know if you find problems with the editor.

Offline gd_on

• Lives here!
« Reply #22 on: March 15, 2018, 10:24:18 am »
I tried to build svn 11335 (full rebuild) on Win 7, but I have several problems :
I use the standard .cbp files distributed and working svn 11319 versions of C::B.
with tdm gcc 4.9.2 and wxwidgets 2.8.12 in 32 bits :
Code
||=== Générer : default dans FileManager Plugin wx2.8.x (compilateur : GNU GCC Compiler) ===|
C:\Users\Gerard\Documents\CodeBlocks_SVN\CodeBlocks_src\src\plugins\contrib\FileManager\FileExplorerUpdater.cpp||In member function 'bool FileExplorerUpdater::GetCurrentState(const wxString&)':|
C:\Users\Gerard\Documents\CodeBlocks_SVN\CodeBlocks_src\src\plugins\contrib\FileManager\FileExplorerUpdater.cpp|221|warning: unused variable 'is_cvs' [-Wunused-variable]|
C:\Users\Gerard\Documents\CodeBlocks_SVN\CodeBlocks_src\src\plugins\contrib\FileManager\FileExplorerUpdater.cpp|222|warning: variable 'is_git' set but not used [-Wunused-but-set-variable]|
||=== Générer : default dans FortranProject (compilateur : GNU GCC Compiler) ===|
C:\Users\Gerard\Documents\CodeBlocks_SVN\CodeBlocks_src\src\plugins\contrib\FortranProject\constrhighlighter.cpp||In member function 'void ConstrHighlighter::DoWork(cbEditor*, FortranSourceForm)':|
C:\Users\Gerard\Documents\CodeBlocks_SVN\CodeBlocks_src\src\plugins\contrib\FortranProject\constrhighlighter.cpp|308|error: 'wxSCI_INDIC_HIGHLIGHT' was not declared in this scope|
||=== Génération de terminé : 1 erreur(s), 29 avertissement(s) (6 minute(s), 17 seconde(s)) ===|

always with gcc 4.9.2 but wxwidgets 3.0.3 in 32 bits :
Code
||=== Générer : sdk dans Code::Blocks wx3.0.x (compilateur : GNU GCC Compiler) ===|
.objs30\sdk\configmanager-revision.o:configmanager-revision.cpp:(.text$_ZN20wxObjectEventFunctorD1Ev[__ZN20wxObjectEventFunctorD1Ev]+0xa)||undefined reference to `wxEventFunctor::~wxEventFunctor()'|
.objs30\sdk\configmanager-revision.o:configmanager-revision.cpp:(.text$_ZN20wxObjectEventFunctorD0Ev[__ZN20wxObjectEventFunctorD0Ev]+0xd)||undefined reference to `wxEventFunctor::~wxEventFunctor()'|
||error: ld returned 1 exit status|
||=== Génération de échoué : 3 erreur(s), 0 avertissement(s) (1 minute(s), 58 seconde(s)) ===|

always with gcc 4.9.2 but wxwidgets 3.0.3 in 64 bits (apparently same problem as with wxWidgets 2.8.12 in 32 bits) :
Code
||=== Générer : default dans FortranProject wx3.0.x (64 bit) (compilateur : GNU GCC Compiler) ===|
C:\Users\Gerard\Documents\CodeBlocks_SVN\CodeBlocks_src\src\plugins\contrib\FortranProject\constrhighlighter.cpp||In member function 'void ConstrHighlighter::DoWork(cbEditor*, FortranSourceForm)':|
C:\Users\Gerard\Documents\CodeBlocks_SVN\CodeBlocks_src\src\plugins\contrib\FortranProject\constrhighlighter.cpp|308|error: 'wxSCI_INDIC_HIGHLIGHT' was not declared in this scope|
||=== Génération de terminé : 1 erreur(s), 4 avertissement(s) (12 minute(s), 57 seconde(s)) ===|

My previous builds are svn 11319, no such problems.

gd_on

Windows 11 64 bits (23H2), svn C::B (last version or almost!), wxWidgets 3.2.4 (tests with 3.3), Msys2 Compilers 13.2.0, 64 bits (seh, posix : gcc, g++ and gfortran in C:\msys64\mingw64) or 32 bits (dwarf2, posix  in C:\msys64\mingw32).

Offline oBFusCATed

• Developer
  • Lives here!
    • Travis build status
« Reply #23 on: March 15, 2018, 10:28:38 am »
The first and third error are the same...
The second one is strange...

Offline gd_on

• Lives here!
« Reply #24 on: March 15, 2018, 10:50:39 am »
May be the second error can be ignored because I have not built wxwidgets 3.0.3 in 32 bits and corresponding C::B for a while.
I use essentially wxwidgets 2.8.12 in 32 bits and corresponding C::B and sometimes wxwidgets 3.0.3 in 64 bits and corresponding C::B.
gd_on

PS : confirm the second error may be ignored : I had a wrong link in my config, sorry ! After correcting it, I obtain the same error than in other cases (problem un FortranProject plugin)

PS2 : OK if I compile C::B without FortranProject plugin.
         More, I can apparently use the previous compiled FortranProject plugin (with svn 11319), probably because sdk number has not changed !
« Last Edit: March 15, 2018, 11:38:47 am by gd_on »
Windows 11 64 bits (23H2), svn C::B (last version or almost!), wxWidgets 3.2.4 (tests with 3.3), Msys2 Compilers 13.2.0, 64 bits (seh, posix : gcc, g++ and gfortran in C:\msys64\mingw64) or 32 bits (dwarf2, posix  in C:\msys64\mingw32).

Offline oBFusCATed

• Developer
  • Lives here!
    • Travis build status
« Reply #25 on: March 15, 2018, 07:58:56 pm »
This is not a good idea. But thanks for mentioning this problem.

Offline oBFusCATed

• Developer
  • Lives here!
    • Travis build status
« Reply #26 on: March 15, 2018, 10:53:20 pm »
@darmar: Can you apply this patch to FortranProject?

Code
Index: constrhighlighter.cpp
===================================================================
--- constrhighlighter.cpp       (revision 186)
+++ constrhighlighter.cpp       (working copy)
@@ -305,7 +305,7 @@
         return;

control->SetIndicatorCurrent(m_IndicFound);
-    control->IndicatorSetStyle(m_IndicFound, wxSCI_INDIC_HIGHLIGHT);
+    control->IndicatorSetStyle(m_IndicFound, wxSCI_INDIC_ROUNDBOX);
     if (foundFull)
         control->IndicatorSetForeground(m_IndicFound, m_FullColour);
     else

wxSCI_INDIC_ROUNDBOX seems to produce this same visuals as the wxSCI_INDIC_HIGHLIGHT.
I'd prefer if I don't have to resurrect the wxSCI_INDIC_HIGHLIGHT patch for scintilla/wxscintilla.

Offline gd_on

• Lives here!
« Reply #27 on: March 16, 2018, 09:27:49 am »
svn 11337 looks OK, without and with your proposed patch. So waiting for Darmar advice.
Thanks.
gd_on

Offline darmar

• Multiple posting newcomer
« Reply #28 on: June 03, 2018, 03:16:58 pm »
I just updated FortranProject code to use wxSCI_INDIC_ROUNDBOX indicator style.

@oBFusCATed, @gd_on: sorry for the late response. I am not very active in reading every post. Better drop a personal message in such situations.
« Last Edit: June 03, 2018, 03:19:57 pm by darmar »