Author Topic: Can Ctrl+left-click be used to browse code like in other IDE's?  (Read 2597 times)

Electric-Gecko

In Netbeans and QtCreator, you can quickly go to the declaration of a function, variable, or macro by holding Ctrl and left-clicking it.  Sometimes, doing this on it's declaration will bring you to it's definition.  Doing this on include directives simply brings you to that file.

This isn't working for me.  Code::Blocks is often the recommended C++ IDE on Linux, so it seems strange that it would lack such a common and useful feature.  Is there any way to activate it?

I found a keyboard shortcut that does the same thing, or part of this functionality, but having it as a keyboard shortcut is a pain.

While I'm mostly using Netbeans now, having this important feature would likely make Code Blocks my prefered IDE.

Offline BlueHazzard

• Developer
  • Lives here!
Re: Can Ctrl+left-click be used to browse code like in other IDE's?
« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2017, 10:42:24 am »
There is a option with right click go to implementation/declaration
It works, but our c++ parser is not the best, specially if you are using a lot template code or macro heavy code.

You can try the clang plugin, this may work better, but you have to compile it by yourself, and i get a lot crashed from it...