Author Topic: Multiple text selection?!  (Read 21711 times)

Offline gygabyte017

• Multiple posting newcomer
Multiple text selection?!
« on: May 05, 2010, 09:27:24 pm »
Hi, in Settings->Editor->Margins and caret, there is "allow multiple selections" and "enable typing (and deleting) in multiple selection simultaneously". But how to do that? If I highlight a word, every word like that is highlighted, but how to edit simultaneously that selection?!?

Thank you!

mariocup

Re: Multiple text selection?!
« Reply #1 on: May 05, 2010, 10:40:57 pm »
Hi,

In the menu  Settings->Editor->Margins und Caret  the checkbox Multiple Selection can be activated. While holding the Ctrl-key the user can select different lines in the active editor via the left mouse button. The selections will be appended in the clipboard via the shortcut  Ctrl-C or Ctrl-X. Ctrl-V will insert the content at the current cursor position. An additional option  called Enable typing (and deleting)  can be activated for multiple selections. This feature is useful if you want to add a pre-processor directive like #ifdef at different source lines or if you want to overwrite or replace a text at several positions.

inger

« Reply #2 on: January 20, 2011, 04:34:18 pm »
Thanks for the explanation. I had a similar question.
Additionally, I was wondering if there's a possibility to select all of the highlighted words (instances of a word), so they can be simultaneously edited.

I avoided doing a new topic because this one seems to be closely related to a question I have, and I didn't do a bug ticket since this might be intended behaviour:

How can I stop code completion (brackets, variables, etc) from breaking the simultaneous typing when I have multiple selections/cursors?

For example: I have two selections, and I start typing. When I add a left bracket, a right bracket is automatically added only to one field, and the multiple-selection thingie breaks (stops).

Any chance to avoid this?

Offline tutes

• Single posting newcomer
« Reply #3 on: July 12, 2014, 07:01:04 pm »
This is pretty old, but It's nice to find an answer when you get in here by googling.

When you select the word you like to change in all instances, you may press CTRL+E to select next entry, then start writing.

Cheers.
« Last Edit: July 12, 2014, 07:12:58 pm by tutes »

CobraL0rd

« Reply #4 on: July 01, 2017, 02:14:12 pm »
This is now changed. Code::Blocks 16.01 go to Editor->General Settings-> Allow multiple Selections

SHIFT + ALT + Mouse wheel select : Multi select
CTRL + E : Select next word