Developer forums (C::B DEVELOPMENT STRICTLY!) > Plugins development

Scripted Wizard: Adding feature to wxWidgets wizard (testing steps)

(1/2) > >>

stahta01:
Anyone already have a list of things to test after modifying wxWidgets wizard?

I have created a patch that adds these project variables and now I need to test for problem(s).

--- Code: ---      WX_CFG
      WX_COMPILER example value is "gcc".
      WX_SUFFIX
      WX_VERSION

--- End code ---

This is part one of my planned changes to get the CB wxWidgets wizard to work with the binaries provided by the wxwidgets.org team. The next part requires editing the xrc and it was a sticking point the last time I tried this type of change.

But, I re-wrote the changes from scratch this time and I think I made the changes much smaller in size.

The xrc will have a box above or below the "configure:" to enter an compiler name which will default to the correct value most of the time. Example values will be "gcc", "vc", or "bcc". To do this right I will have to do major changes to the OnLeave_WxConf to allow the entering of the prebuilt binaries value like "gcc471TDM" to work.

Edit1: My current test plans are

--- Quote ---1. Check with missing default.conf (to confirm it works with default created config)
2A.Check on win32 with at least two compilers ( gcc wx3.1.x, bcc wx3.0.2, and openwatcom wx2.8.12)
2B.Check on win64 with at least two compilers ( gcc wx3.1.x and MSVC wx3.0.2)
3A. Check on win32 with two downloaded binaries ( wxMSW-3.0.3_gcc510TDM_Dev.7z and wxMSW-3.0.3_gcc492TDM_Dev.7z )
3B. Check on win64 with two downloaded binaries ( gcc510TDM_x64 and vc???_x64 )
4. Check with release and debug self built binaries in one project
5. Check that add wxWidgets target works

I have no idea if I can figure out how to build wxWidgets using bcc and openwatcom.

--- End quote ---

Edit2: Created patch https://sourceforge.net/p/codeblocks/tickets/508/

Tim S.

BlueHazzard:
Hi, thank you for working on this. This is important work...

I have downloaded and applied this patch.
I have downloaded https://github.com/wxWidgets/wxWidgets/releases/download/v3.0.3/wxMSW-3.0.3_gcc492TDM_Dev.7z
extracted it and tried to create a new wxWidgets project.
I Tried all paths but i always get the error that the wxWidgets library could not be found...
my directory structure:

--- Code: ---wxMSW-3.0.3_gcc492TDM_Dev
└───lib
    └───gcc492TDM_dll
        ├───mswu
        │   └───wx
        │       └───msw
        └───mswud
            └───wx
                └───msw

--- End code ---

any direction how to install and use it correctly?

greetings

stahta01:
You should have just needed to change the compiler from the default of "gcc" to "gcc492TDM" to get it to work.

Did you try that?

I missed seeing this post; sorry about the delay in response.

Edit: I just noticed that you failed to have the include folder in the path shown.
In addition to the library you need the header download.

Tim S.

ollydbg:

--- Quote from: stahta01 on June 01, 2017, 10:11:14 pm ---You should have just needed to change the compiler from the default of "gcc" to "gcc492TDM" to get it to work.

--- End quote ---
You mean I need to add several compiler settings for different wx binary distribution? Thus for one distribution, I have to add one compiler? The compiler should matches the one used to build the binary distribution.

stahta01:

--- Quote from: ollydbg on October 07, 2017, 05:08:02 pm ---
--- Quote from: stahta01 on June 01, 2017, 10:11:14 pm ---You should have just needed to change the compiler from the default of "gcc" to "gcc492TDM" to get it to work.

--- End quote ---
You mean I need to add several compiler settings for different wx binary distribution? Thus for one distribution, I have to add one compiler? The compiler should matches the one used to build the binary distribution.

--- End quote ---

wxWidgets is an C++ library, therefore the compiler to build the code using the library must match the compiler used to build the library.

The wxWidgets wizard compiler value must match part of the foldername of the wx binary distribution.

Tim S.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version