Author Topic: Patches for libraries used by C::B/plugins  (Read 4775 times)

Offline Michael

• Lives here!
Patches for libraries used by C::B/plugins
« on: February 06, 2006, 02:28:28 pm »
Hello,

I have a question to the C::B admins/devs. I would like to know if I can post at SF patch that solve warnings concerning libraries (not wxWidgets) used by C::B and plugins.

For example, by compiling wxAUI, I get some warnings which I can fix. Should the patch be posted to SF (C::B) or to the project in question or to both?

Thank you very much.

Best wishes,
Michael

Offline killerbot

• Administrator
  • Lives here!
Re: Patches for libraries used by C::B/plugins
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2006, 02:35:24 pm »
I''d like to see them also gone in CB, even when at the author's project they don't update yet. I would be so happy to get to 0 warnings, 0 errors, and ..... 0 bugs  :P

Offline Michael

• Lives here!
« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2006, 02:52:33 pm »
Yes, this is my opinion too :D. The problem is that if we fix warnings for e.g., wxAUI, then we should do the same again when we will update it to the next release (not sure anyway). I think that a coordinate approach should give the best results. Post the patch to SF-C::B and SF-Project.

Michael

Offline killerbot

• Administrator
  • Lives here!
« Reply #3 on: February 06, 2006, 02:58:53 pm »
absolutely correct. But as long as the author does not fix it, nothing stops us of doing it ourself, with the danger of a repeated task on updates.  :(

Offline Michael

• Lives here!
« Reply #4 on: February 06, 2006, 03:11:54 pm »
absolutely correct. But as long as the author does not fix it, nothing stops us of doing it ourself, with the danger of a repeated task on updates.  :(

Yes, I agree. Unfortunately for huge library as e.g., wxWidgets this would be rather complicate (and may be not feasible). Anyway, nothing better that trying to provide some patches to know how C::B and plugins work :D.

Michael