User forums > General (but related to Code::Blocks)

Joining Code::Blocks

(1/2) > >>

alpha5056:
Hello,
I am considering joining the Code::Blocks project(part-time). How would I sign up if I wanted to? I couldn't find any information on this topic.

Also, do you have per-os source code? I'd like to develop for windows 7, but I don't want to break code for other OSes.

oBFusCATed:
Joining the project happens after you've proven that you can contribute useful patches.
The easiest way to start is by looking at our list of issues on the project page on sf.net.
Then you can try to fix any issue. And of course first you need to build C::B from source. :)

There is no separate source code per OS, because this will mean we would have 3 or more separate versions.
We have a single version used to build for all OSes. There are some ifdefs here and there, but these are rare.

alpha5056:
Ok, I guess I'll do all my compiling on a lubuntu vm with mingw(I'm not a fan of cygwin, because every windows program just adds more bloat)

As far as "proving myself", I have some of my own ideas on what to do. I'll look at those bugs though.  ;) Thing is, I don't get much free time  :(

One idea I had was moving(or at least copying) the project to Github. We'll see.

So, if/when I do make some improvements, how should I submit them?

oBFusCATed:

--- Quote from: alpha5056 on May 07, 2017, 12:27:27 am ---One idea I had was moving(or at least copying) the project to Github. We'll see.

--- End quote ---
Why everybody cares where the project is located?
Even if you get dev access, you cannot move the project to github until you get consensus from all developers.
Here is a clone of the main repo: https://github.com/obfuscated/codeblocks_sf
You can use it to make patches, but please don't ask for pull requests. I mostly ignore them!

--- Quote from: alpha5056 on May 07, 2017, 12:27:27 am ---So, if/when I do make some improvements, how should I submit them?

--- End quote ---
Open tickets with type=patch on sf.net or post a topic in the forum.
Posting in the forum beforehand is a good idea.
It might save your time doing something that won't be accepted.

sodev:

--- Quote from: alpha5056 on May 07, 2017, 12:27:27 am ---lubuntu vm with mingw
--- End quote ---
Why cross compiling from linux instead building a native linux version with gcc?

--- Quote ---(I'm not a fan of cygwin, because every windows program just adds more bloat)

--- End quote ---
CodeBlocks is not a POSIX application, just build a native windows version

--- Quote ---As far as "proving myself", I have some of my own ideas on what to do. I'll look at those bugs though.  ;) Thing is, I don't get much free time  :(

One idea I had was moving(or at least copying) the project to Github. We'll see.

--- End quote ---
No time and the first thing you want to do is not even coding related?

I dont know, but i smell hot, thin air here. But prove me wrong, how about fixing code completion for c++11? Or get it going with wxWidgets 3.1 (and that doesnt mean just not crashing but also not running 2 times slower than Eclipse with 4 times more visual bugs ;D)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version