User forums > Using Code::Blocks

Inaccurate error / warning counts reported for VC++2015

(1/2) > >>

aaron_baker:
Hello,

I've been trying to figure this out for several days now, searching many different websites like this one, as well as stack overflow and the codeblocks wiki, but cannot find a solution for my problem.

Codeblocks reports the number of warnings / errors no matter what compiler you have selected, it seems.

When upgrading VC++2010 to 2013 I had no issues with codeblocks, but I have had issues upgrading from 2013 to 2015.
There have been many VC++ issues I've resolved, but this mis-reporting of error and warnings seems to be an error with the codeblocks configuration I've created. (Error / warnings are almost always 0, though errors in the linker are sometimes counted).

Linking with: C:\Program Files (x86)\Windows Kits\10\Lib\10.0.10150.0\ucrt\x86\libucrt.lib

Search directories:
Compiler:
C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio 14.0\VC\include
C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft SDKs\Windows\v7.1A\Include

Linker:
C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio 14.0\VC\lib
C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft SDKs\Windows\v7.1A\Lib

Toolchain Executables:
C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio 14.0\VC

c compiler cl.exe, C++ compiler cl.exe, linker for dynamic & static libs link.exe, Debuger (invalid debuger), make program nmake.exe.

I would sincerely appreciate any help getting VC++2015 to work correctly with Code Blocks 16.01.

All the best,
Aaron

stahta01:
Post an error or warning that CB does NOT handle correctly.
Use what is in the "Build Log".

Then, maybe someone will help you figure out how the advanced compiler settings needs changed to support the new message.

Tim S.

sodev:
The message format of VS2015 has slightly changed, most of the time its some extra or missing whitespace that the old VS2010 regular expressions cant handle. Its not that hard to fix, i can post my fixed regular expressions when im at work today.

oBFusCATed:
sodev: If you post a patch I'll happily apply it.

aaron_baker:
Hello,

From what I'm reading I take it there's not a fix without editing the source code?

Keep in mind, I'm wanting to run VC++2013 and VC++2015 for different projects, so I'd think the only way to fix the regular expression things in that instance would be to add another built in compiler? Then again I don't know how the internals of codeblocks works so I could be wrong.

I'm not sure if its actually needed at this point, but here is an example.

Script, main.cpp
#include <stdio.h>
int main()
{
printf("Hello World!");
getchar("somestring");// getchar should have an empty parameter list, this usage is erronious.
return 0;
}

What codeblocks / VC++2015 say:
main.cpp
main.cpp(5): error C2660: 'getchar': function does not take 1 arguments
Process terminated with status 2 (0 minute(s), 0 second(s))
0 error(s), 0 warning(s) (0 minute(s), 0 second(s))

Best,
Aaron

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version