User forums > Help

Is it humanly possible to install wxWidgets 3.0.2 for code::blocks???

(1/4) > >>

stephanisk:
Hello fellow code::blocks users!!

I have been into c++ since 2 months. To be honest i believe, I am getting quite good at it, at least little by little. But now i am really getting a headache. For the past 2 days and roughly 6 hours a day, i have been trying to get wxwidgets to work in code::blocks. I have followed install guides, youtube video's, ... really anything i could find online.

Well it just doesn't work, when i make a wxwidgets project and i choose for frame, it will always tell me that debugging wont work and after i click ok, ok, i get a screen with actually not a single .h or .cpp file. Doesnt matter what type of GUI builder i am choosing.

I have downloaded both the 2.8.12 as the 3.0.2 version, i have been trying to follow the compile guide with TDM-GCC, this itself is kind of chinese and doenst work. The make command always says, unknow internal or external command. Which leaves me with the following:

Code::Blocks is like a perfect program to learn programming in console mode, i found it easy and comprehensive. But i am under the impression that if you would like to make anything visual with buttons and graphs and so on, that code::blocks is simply an IDE to run away from. Am I right? or mistaken? ( for example after installing Qt, at least i got the basis to work in, i could learn from there )

Is there any comprehensive guide that explains exactly what to do to get this headache thing to work?
Is there anyone who suffered as much on this as me?
Would anyone be so kind to point me in the right direction to remedy my stupidity?

Thanks all.

Stephane

stahta01:
Do you understand the English Language?

Do you know how to run commands from the command line?

Then, you likely can build wxWidgets.

Why do you wish to build wxWidgets projects?

On, what Operating System (OS) are you going to be building and using wxWidgets?

Edit1: What Compiler are you going to be using?

Edit2: Being able to cut and paste to and from the command line is very helpful when building from the command line.

Tim S.

stephanisk:
In short:

Yes, i can speak english, thank you very much :))))

yes, i can run commands from cmd

well, likely , apparantly it is kind of an issue

i want to build a graphical interface for a program i am writing ( environmental control panel for raspberry pi, controlling all aspects including co2 and o2 in a room.)

i would like to use it both on linux and on windows, as i am travelling a lot and sometimes i have only access to windows.

The compiler i am using no is the default build in GCC compiler in code::blocks (comes with the installer)

regards,

Stephane

stahta01:
I have no idea whether wxWidgets is the best choice for raspberry pi (The answer likely depends on which pi and what OS)

Warning: wxWidgets is a C++ Library; this means you MUST in most cases decide on the Compiler and what version before starting to build wxWidgets.

NOTE: This is NOT a site to support cross-building of wxWidgets I suggest https://forums.wxwidgets.org/
I mean cross-building of wxWidgets for use on raspberry pi under some other OS.

Once, you choose which version of wxWidgets to use; since, it is a new project I suggest wxWidgets version 3.0.2.
And, I suggest building the cross-build on Linux; doing cross build on Windows is likely possible but, it is NOT likely to be easy.

Edit: The link below are all for Windows.

Overview of wxWidgets and Code::Blocks
http://wiki.codeblocks.org/index.php/WxWindowsQuickRef

Link to build wxWidgets http://wiki.codeblocks.org/index.php/Compiling_wxWidgets_3.0.0_to_develop_Code::Blocks_%28MSW%29

Link to directions to build wxWidgets for CB http://wiki.codeblocks.org/index.php/Installing_Code::Blocks_from_source_on_Windows#Build_wxWidgets_Support_Library

Tim S.

stephanisk:
Ok, so i do that what is in the wiki.

When i executed from cmdline in the MSW folder:

mingw32-make -f makefile.gcc BUILD=release SHARED=1 MONOLITHIC=1 UNICODE=1 CXXFLAGS=-fno-keep-inline-dllex

It simply tells me that mingw32-make is an unknown internal or external command. So than there is nothing more to do.

I have a working installation of code blocks and i can compile console applications without any issues.

Every guide mentions this mingw32-make command but nowhere i find what to do if that command isn't recognised.

Stephane

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version