Author Topic: Open File tabs question  (Read 2909 times)

Offline Mr_Poletski

• Single posting newcomer
Open File tabs question
« on: March 20, 2017, 10:06:07 am »
I could spend hours failing to describe what I want to achieve, but a simple (badly mspaint-shopped) image describes it perfectly.

Is there any way for me to achieve this? (pay attention only to what's inside the red circle, I was too lazy to do it to all of them). Managing this open file tab has become a nightmare as applications get larger, putting the .h and .cpp fiels above each other will help greatly.

I have attached an 'actual' and a 'desired' image.

Offline Jenna

• Administrator
  • Lives here!
Re: Open File tabs question
« Reply #1 on: March 20, 2017, 08:20:33 pm »
If you want two lines of tabs ...
No this is not possible (wxWidgets limitation).

Offline yvesdm3000

• Almost regular
« Reply #2 on: March 20, 2017, 09:23:19 pm »
I use the open-files plugin for large projects. It keeps the .cpp and .h file together too...

Yves
Clang based code completion for Code::Blocks:   http://github.com/yvesdm3000/ClangLib

Offline sodev

• Regular
« Reply #3 on: March 20, 2017, 10:59:20 pm »
No it doesn't. At least not during runtime. If you have e.g. just a header open thats not the last tab in the editor window and switch to the cpp file it gets added at the end, in the editor tabs and in the open files list. However if you close the workspace and reopen it, the list gets sorted and the order gets fixed.

Offline yvesdm3000

• Almost regular
« Reply #4 on: March 21, 2017, 05:23:56 am »
No it doesn't. At least not during runtime. If you have e.g. just a header open thats not the last tab in the editor window and switch to the cpp file it gets added at the end, in the editor tabs and in the open files list. However if you close the workspace and reopen it, the list gets sorted and the order gets fixed.

Ooh yes, that's correct. I fixed that a long time ago in my build, maybe I should commit that and send the patch over to the devs..

Yves
Clang based code completion for Code::Blocks:   http://github.com/yvesdm3000/ClangLib

Offline BlueHazzard

• Developer
  • Lives here!
« Reply #5 on: March 22, 2017, 08:38:40 pm »
best way to switch between files is "alt-g" you don't even have to move the hands from the keyboard