Author Topic: Help, can't get wxwidgets to go  (Read 2445 times)

Offline Cool Javelin

• Multiple posting newcomer
Help, can't get wxwidgets to go
« on: March 12, 2017, 01:11:37 am »
Win7 SP1 32bit

I am trying to follow the instructions from

http://wiki.codeblocks.org/index.php/WxWindowsQuickRef.

I have downloaded the installed the package, from the link provided:
https://sourceforge.net/projects/wxwindows/files/2.8.12/wxMSW-2.8.12-Setup.exe/download?use_mirror=superb-sea2.

Ran, and allowed it to install in it's default location C:\wxWidgets-2.8.12.

I have opened a cmd prompt, and changed to C:\wxWidgets-2.8.12\build\msw (as stated in the tutorial.)

I then run the command (copy and paste) "mingw32-make -f makefile.gcc BUILD=release SHARED=1 MONOLITHIC=1 UNICODE=1 CXXFLAGS=-fno-keep-inline-dllexport"

I get an error:

gcc: error: CreateProcess: No such file or directory makefile.gcc:4366: recipe for target 'gcc_mswudll\wxregex_regcomp.o' failed mingw32-make: *** [gcc_mswudll\wxregex_regcomp.o] Error 1

and the build stops.

Some notes:
This tutorial assumes I am using code::blocks 12, but I am using v16

This tutorial says the gcc compiler is either in C:\Program Files\CodeBlocks\bin, or C:\MinGW32\bin, but in reality it is in C:\program files\CodeBlocks\MinGW\bin

I assume this difference is because I am using V16 vs V12 of code::blocks.

My windows path does include the latter.

Help.

Thanks, Mark.

My 1st computer was an IBM System 360. We used punch cards. God help us when the runner dropped the boxes on the way to the computer room.

Offline BlueHazzard

• Developer
  • Lives here!
Re: Help, can't get wxwidgets to go
« Reply #1 on: March 12, 2017, 01:42:23 am »
First, this is a general compiling/compiler installation question and for this not really in context of this forum...

I would say that you get this error because gcc can't start a program. This could be because you have a space in the installation path to the mingw installation. I would recommend to install TDM-gcc (or a other mingw installation) in a path without spaces, remove the old installation path from the PATH variable and try again...