Author Topic: the code editor edge so strange(ugly)  (Read 10534 times)

Offline icequan233

• Multiple posting newcomer
Re: the code editor edge so strange(ugly)
« Reply #15 on: March 07, 2017, 12:32:54 pm »
I doubt you can solve it without changing any code. It is most probably a bug that triggers in hidpi environments.
Thanks, it doesn't matter. Maybe this is the chance of study(I am just a student, and my teacher teach me learn what you need). But it seems difficult, can you give me more suggestions, I can't locate the problem with gdb :(.

Offline icequan233

« Reply #16 on: March 07, 2017, 01:48:27 pm »
By the way, is it possible that beacuse the wx3.1.0 support scaling but it is incompatible with hidpi ? if possible, the next version
of codeblocks will be waited for while(just my thought), and if so, I must admit I can't slove it for now.

Offline stahta01

• Lives here!
    • My Best Post
« Reply #17 on: March 07, 2017, 02:48:51 pm »
By the way, is it possible that beacuse the wx3.1.0 support scaling but it is incompatible with hidpi ? if possible, the next version
of codeblocks will be waited for while(just my thought), and if so, I must admit I can't slove it for now.

The wxWidgets 3.1 is a development version so it might be missing something.

Tim S.
C Programmer working to learn more about C++ and Git.
On Windows 7 64 bit and Windows 10 64 bit.
--
When in doubt, read the CB WiKi FAQ. http://wiki.codeblocks.org

Offline icequan233

« Reply #18 on: March 07, 2017, 03:20:28 pm »

Tim S.
Yes, I saw the official post, although they released the 3.1.x , it is still a development version. Confused!

Offline stahta01

• Lives here!
    • My Best Post
« Reply #19 on: March 07, 2017, 03:51:58 pm »

Tim S.
Yes, I saw the official post, although they released the 3.1.x , it is still a development version. Confused!

Like many FLOSS projects they use this pattern.

2.6 production
2.7 development
2.8 production
2.9 development
3.0 production
3.1 development

There is a name for this pattern; but, I do NOT remember it.

Tim S.
C Programmer working to learn more about C++ and Git.
On Windows 7 64 bit and Windows 10 64 bit.
--
When in doubt, read the CB WiKi FAQ. http://wiki.codeblocks.org

Offline yvesdm3000

• Almost regular
« Reply #20 on: March 07, 2017, 08:35:21 pm »

Tim S.

2.6 production
2.7 development
2.8 production
2.9 development
3.0 production
3.1 development

Tim S.

Linux kernel development started doing this back in the 2.0, 2.1, 2.2, 2.3, 2.4,2.5,2.6 days.

Yves
Clang based code completion for Code::Blocks:   http://github.com/yvesdm3000/ClangLib

Offline icequan233

« Reply #21 on: March 08, 2017, 03:33:36 am »

Tim S.

2.6 production
2.7 development
2.8 production
2.9 development
3.0 production
3.1 development

Tim S.

Linux kernel development started doing this back in the 2.0, 2.1, 2.2, 2.3, 2.4,2.5,2.6 days.

Yves
oh,I think I understant it now. I guess this pattern can help developers find bugs and create a patch to slove problems.
Beacause the amount of users is much more than developers, so that the bug can be easily found, which must improve the efficiency of development. Right?
             I'd like to improve the efficiency, as a user :(.