Author Topic: Error link iconv - undefined reference to `_imp__GetACP@0'  (Read 5435 times)

Offline storysoft

• Single posting newcomer
Error link iconv - undefined reference to `_imp__GetACP@0'
« on: March 04, 2017, 04:24:10 pm »
Please HELP.
When i try to link libxml2 with iconv support - get this error

C:\Program Files (x86)\CodeBlocks\MinGW32\mingw32\bin\..\lib\gcc\i686-w64-mingw32\6.2.0\..\..\..\..\i686-w64-mingw32\lib\..\lib\libiconv.a(localcharset.o):localcharset.c|| undefined reference to `_imp__GetACP@0'|

LOG:

-------------- Build: Debug in CRYPT (compiler: GNU GCC Compiler)---------------

i686-w64-mingw32-g++.exe  -o bin\Debug\test.exe obj\Debug\main.o -static -liconv  .\Crypt32_x32.Lib ..\libxml2-2.9.4\win32\bin.mingw32\libxml2.a
C:/Program Files (x86)/CodeBlocks/MinGW32/mingw32/bin/../lib/gcc/i686-w64-mingw32/6.2.0/../../../../i686-w64-mingw32/lib/../lib\libiconv.a(localcharset.o):localcharset.c:(.text+0x7): undefined reference to `_imp__GetACP@0'
collect2.exe: error: ld returned 1 exit status
Process terminated with status 1 (0 minute(s), 0 second(s))
2 error(s), 0 warning(s) (0 minute(s), 0 second(s))

Offline Jenna

• Administrator
  • Lives here!
Re: Error link iconv - undefined reference to `_imp__GetACP@0'
« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2017, 04:44:47 pm »
You shoud (re-)read the forum rules.
When registering here you accepted these rules.

In your cas especially:

This post is here to assist you in your Code::Blocks / C++ blues, by telling you what NOT to do. This is not to frighten you, but unfortunately we have to be that strict due to continuous mis-use and dis-respect.
[...]
2. Compiler/Linker errors are NOT Code::Blocks errors. Usually, C++ newcomers tend to confuse the Editor/IDE (Code::Blocks) with the Compiler (MINGW / GCC). You may see some errors in the compiler output because you missed to do something right in your code. But that's not Code::Blocks troubleshooting, that's C++ troubleshooting and does not belong in here. If your program doesn't compile, READ THE C++ MANUAL.

[...]

8.) Do not send private messages (PM's) to one of the admins/devs if the question/statement can also be asked in the forums. PM's are only for administrative purposes, not for technical questions. If you don't respect that, you might be banned silently.

Thank you.

Finale note: Ignoring these rules may result in the topic being (silently) locked and/or even removed completely without any notice.

In case you wonder why we are so strict: I could say: "Search the forum" - as this has been discussed a lot. To make is short: By law we (the devs/moderators) are responsible for the content of our forum. This means we need to read all posts. If you want us to continue the development of C::B and have the time to answer some of the questions that are really related to C::B, apply the rules above. It's obviously a matter of time for us.

More general help how to use our forum you'll find here, too.

Topic locked !