User forums > Embedded development

Starting with STM32F401 Codeblocks

(1/4) > >>

yvesuhc:
Im a total beginner with codeblocks and ARM. Still i want to programm the stm32 board with codeblocks but i dont know what i Need to download to make a projekt in codeblocks. It would be nice if anybody could explain me what to download and what to do to be able to creat a c projekt with this board on codeblocks.  :)

BlueHazzard:
Well this is all a bit complicated for noobs. I have no stm32 around so i can try to guide you blind but this will take some effort and time.
Are you on windows or on linux?

For first you will need a toolchain: https://developer.arm.com/open-source/gnu-toolchain/gnu-rm

after you have set up this i would recommend to test it with something known to work and easy to set up:  http://pandafruits.com/stm32_primer/stm32_primer_minimal.php
if you have running this minimal example we can start to integrate it in codeblocks...

yvesuhc:
where do i need to install the toolchain ? SHould i just put it in the codeblocks ordner ?  //thanks for the help and i have windows 10 btw

stahta01:

--- Quote from: yvesuhc on March 02, 2017, 01:25:25 pm ---where do i need to install the toolchain ? SHould i just put it in the codeblocks ordner ?  //thanks for the help and i have windows 10 btw

--- End quote ---

You need to install the Compiler/toolchain on your computer.
EDIT: Install means download the installer and run the installer to do the installation of the toolchain.
Then, you should test the compiler using the link provided, above

After, that you can work with setting up Code::Blocks to work using the Compiler.

Tim S.

yvesuhc:
If i try to set up the compiler (setup toolchain in codeblocks/global compiler setings/compilers installation directory)
it always says that it cant find the  compiler executables. Any ideas why ?
Its probably because i didnt change the .exe files (program Files). But i also dont know which files i should put there.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version