Author Topic: Shift+Return (insert new line) shortcut not working  (Read 3275 times)

Offline Alpha

• Developer
  • Lives here!
Shift+Return (insert new line) shortcut not working
« on: February 19, 2017, 07:02:00 am »
For my self compiled C::B (r11008), using Ubuntu 16.10, the Shift-Return keyboard shortcut (defined under Edit->Special commands->Other) is not triggering.  Tried builds with wx3.0.2 and wx3.1.0.  Placing a breakpoint shows that the function works if I manually click the menu, but is not hit if I use the keyboard.

Any thoughts on how to resolve this?  Anyone else experiencing this?

The shortcut does work in Ubuntu's package manager installed C::B (16.01), although this is not a solution for me since C::B has major issues on my machine when built against wx30.

Offline oBFusCATed

• Developer
  • Lives here!
    • Travis build status
Re: Shift+Return (insert new line) shortcut not working
« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2017, 11:40:33 am »
Do you have the keybinder enabled?
(most of the time I ignore long posts)
[strangers don't send me private messages, I'll ignore them; post a topic in the forum, but first read the rules!]

Offline Alpha

• Developer
  • Lives here!
« Reply #2 on: February 19, 2017, 09:46:23 pm »
I do not.  I shall test building it later and report back if that changes anything.

Offline oBFusCATed

• Developer
  • Lives here!
    • Travis build status
« Reply #3 on: February 19, 2017, 11:40:44 pm »
The keybinder is broken for wx3.0 builds on linux, so I doubt it will improve the situation.
For some reason the acceleration handling with wx3.0 is pretty broken.
For example ctrl-tab switches the focus to the manager pane when the focus is in the editor and then starts to switches tabs.
(most of the time I ignore long posts)
[strangers don't send me private messages, I'll ignore them; post a topic in the forum, but first read the rules!]

Offline Alpha

• Developer
  • Lives here!
« Reply #4 on: February 21, 2017, 06:45:58 pm »
Well, not certain why it works, but adding the keybinder plugin (no configuration, just enabling it) made this shortcut work again on my machine.