Author Topic: Code::Blocks Windows wxWidgets 3.1.0 64-bit  (Read 12519 times)

Offline Biplab

• Developer
  • Lives here!
    • Biplab's Blog
Re: Code::Blocks Windows wxWidgets 3.1.0 64-bit
« Reply #15 on: March 04, 2017, 04:35:08 pm »
I'm using MinGW-Build GCC v6.1.0 and wxWidgets 3.0.2
Code
Thread model: win32
gcc version 6.1.0 (x86_64-win32-sjlj-rev1, Built by MinGW-W64 project)
No additional patches required to build 64 bit build on Windows.

Disclaimer: Did not build Nassi plugin. Too lazy to build Boost and then build that plugin.

Build is pretty stable. It is able to open Code::Blocks workspace without a crash.

Based on my previous experience - generally Code::Blocks core is pretty stable. It was code completion plugin which used to crash which seems to have been controlled to an extent.
Be a part of the solution, not a part of the problem.

Offline sodev

• Regular
« Reply #16 on: March 05, 2017, 05:13:03 am »
Pretty stable? What magic are you using? I was never able to build a useable CodeBlocks version against any wx3.x version. The text editor was always slow like hell, ocassionally the current line highlight stayed on forever so the whole text background was yellow, lots of refresh bugs so there was text displayed that didnt exist there, and most annoying was that when i switch between opened tabs randomly the current path of the file was inserted at the current cursor position. And that was not just visually that was also content wise, so if u switch quickly between files and dont pay attention and save the files to compile the project, you get lots of funny compile errors due to the modified files.

Offline ollydbg

• Developer
  • Lives here!
  • OpenCV and Robotics
    • Chinese OpenCV forum moderator
« Reply #17 on: March 05, 2017, 05:25:48 am »
Pretty stable? What magic are you using? I was never able to build a useable CodeBlocks version against any wx3.x version.
I can build C::B against wx 3.02, wx 3.1, and months ago, against wx trunk. But all were using 32 bit GCC compilers under Windows. :) I don't have you mentioned issue.
If some piece of memory should be reused, turn them to variables (or const variables).
If some piece of operations should be reused, turn them to functions.
If they happened together, then turn them to classes.

Offline Biplab

• Developer
  • Lives here!
    • Biplab's Blog
« Reply #18 on: March 05, 2017, 06:25:57 am »
Pretty stable? What magic are you using? I was never able to build a useable CodeBlocks version against any wx3.x version. The text editor was always slow like hell, ocassionally the current line highlight stayed on forever so the whole text background was yellow, lots of refresh bugs so there was text displayed that didnt exist there, and most annoying was that when i switch between opened tabs randomly the current path of the file was inserted at the current cursor position. And that was not just visually that was also content wise, so if u switch quickly between files and dont pay attention and save the files to compile the project, you get lots of funny compile errors due to the modified files.

I have uploaded a new build at the following url -
http://forums.codeblocks.org/index.php/topic,21781.msg148154.html#msg148154
Try and post your feedback.

Offline sodev

• Regular
« Reply #19 on: March 06, 2017, 02:42:51 pm »
I tested your build for a short time (don't have more time currently to work on my CodeBlocks projects), already got the problem that i get multiple line highlights. And when i click on any menu entry i get an assertion, and after clicking on too many menu entries CodeBlocks crashes :).

My own builds are so far assertion free and dont crash anymore (except crash on startup when SpellChecker plugin is enabled and the CodeBlocks process keeps running after closing CodeBlocks). However i am using latest wxWidgets master revision, MinGW-w64 6.2.0 and only do 32 Bit builds.

Offline Biplab

• Developer
  • Lives here!
    • Biplab's Blog
« Reply #20 on: March 06, 2017, 04:08:53 pm »
I tested your build for a short time (don't have more time currently to work on my CodeBlocks projects), already got the problem that i get multiple line highlights. And when i click on any menu entry i get an assertion, and after clicking on too many menu entries CodeBlocks crashes :).

My own builds are so far assertion free and dont crash anymore (except crash on startup when SpellChecker plugin is enabled and the CodeBlocks process keeps running after closing CodeBlocks). However i am using latest wxWidgets master revision, MinGW-w64 6.2.0 and only do 32 Bit builds.

Not promoting my build  :) But it is quite stable on my system. In fact I'm using it for C::B development.

I can reproduce assert after a configuration dialog is closed. I can continue working after I click No button. However I could not reproduce the crash you reported.

Problem is - without a crash I can't start my investigation. If you have a crash report send it to me. I'll see if that can be fixed.