Author Topic: Is anything similar to Bugzilla?  (Read 3259 times)

Offline Borneq

• Multiple posting newcomer
Is anything similar to Bugzilla?
« on: January 25, 2017, 08:21:51 am »
I have some suggestions:
Plugin "Keyboard shortcuts" should enable save shortcuts to file and restore from file and have predefined sets
If I press Control+Tab it appear popup window - it is plugin or main doing? Version 16.01 on Windows has it but version 16.01 on Linux  - not. My enhancement suggestion: last opened window should goto first position of this list, initial position after first Control+Tab should be second, now single Control+Tab do nothing, should swap between current and last window.
Next suggestion: debug: fast view of variables and expressions without add variable to watch list.

Offline BlueHazzard

• Developer
  • Lives here!
Re: Is anything similar to Bugzilla?
« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2017, 12:00:00 pm »
For bug tracking and feature requests please use the SourceForge page
Plugin "Keyboard shortcuts" should enable save shortcuts to file and restore from file
This is the case!? How do you think it stores the short cuts? In RAM?

If I press Control+Tab it appear popup window - it is plugin or main doing? Version 16.01 on Windows has it but version 16.01 on Linux  - not. My enhancement suggestion: last opened window should goto first position of this list, initial position after first Control+Tab should be second, now single Control+Tab do nothing, should swap between current and last window.
Some one else mentioned it, i don't remember if it is fixed yet... You can search on the SF site in the bug reports... Anyway patches are always happily received;)

fast view of variables and expressions without add variable to watch list.
Settings->Debugger -> GDB -> Default -> "Watch function arguments" and "Watch local variables"
But note: this will slow down the debugging process...

hope i could help
greetings

Offline Borneq

• Multiple posting newcomer
« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2017, 08:47:12 pm »
fast view of variables and expressions without add variable to watch list.
Settings->Debugger -> GDB -> Default -> "Watch function arguments" and "Watch local variables"
But note: this will slow down the debugging process...
Thanks,
I mean not add variable to watch but once inspect it in window.

Offline BlueHazzard

• Developer
  • Lives here!
« Reply #3 on: January 28, 2017, 09:22:51 pm »
Thanks,
I mean not add variable to watch but once inspect it in window.
i don't know what you mean? Can you show a screenshot?
Do you mean this:
Settings->Debugger->GDB->Default->Evaluate expression under cursor?
Now you can hover over a variable with the mouse and codeblocks will try to show you a small window.

For better usability you can activate
Settings->Debugger->Common->Require control key to show the 'Evaluate expression' tooltips
So you hover over a variable and press the ctrl key codeblocks will evaluate the variable