Author Topic: Bug - There is no check for files with the same name while moving  (Read 4011 times)

Offline AcsPrime

• Single posting newcomer
Hey,

By accident I moved a file named Pong.h to a folder where there was a file with the name pong.h (notice the lowercase).
Windows doesn't care about the difference and the file Pong.h overwrote the pong.h file.

I have attached two files. One for the project view where you can see that Codeblocks thinks there are two files (Pong.h and pong.h) and another for the File view where you can see that there is only one file (Pong.h)

I understand this started as a mistake on my part, I should have not moved the Pong.h file to where the pong.h was, but I think we can all agree that there is also an issue with codeblocks in the handling of all this. First for not warning me about the name collision and secondly for "thinking" that there are two files.

I believe on linux the files will seem  different but not on windows

Windows 10 pro - Codeblocks 16.01

Offline oBFusCATed

• Developer
  • Lives here!
    • Travis build status
Re: Bug - There is no check for files with the same name while moving
« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2017, 12:31:52 pm »
What command have you used to move the file?

p.s. Most probably this is the wrong sub-forum. Please post in the user's section next time.
(most of the time I ignore long posts)
[strangers don't send me private messages, I'll ignore them; post a topic in the forum, but first read the rules!]

Offline AcsPrime

• Single posting newcomer
« Reply #2 on: January 15, 2017, 12:37:03 pm »
There was no command. I dragged and dropped in the File view.

Offline oBFusCATed

• Developer
  • Lives here!
    • Travis build status
« Reply #3 on: January 15, 2017, 04:16:44 pm »
OK, so this seems like a problem in the file manager plugin.
(most of the time I ignore long posts)
[strangers don't send me private messages, I'll ignore them; post a topic in the forum, but first read the rules!]