Author Topic: project=>Properties gives me an empty form  (Read 2429 times)

Offline TheVoiceInMyHead

• Single posting newcomer
project=>Properties gives me an empty form
« on: January 02, 2017, 06:25:35 pm »
Hi Guys,

I've got a small problem that I hope you can help me with. Sometimes when I have a project opened, and I click in Projects and then Properties an empty modal window opens.
By empty I mean its a form with no buttons. The basic form buttons are there (the x to close and the other button to maximise), but unfortunately when I click in the x button the windows doesn't close (funny enough, the maximise button does work).
As this is a modal window, I have to force CodeBlocks to close (using top) and then try again. Sometimes it works fine, but most of the times I get this empty form.

If it matters:
I'm on Ubuntu 16.04
I have installed CodeBlocks through the Software Centre (I did try to reinstall it!).
I'm using CodeBlocks 13.12
I was just starting two projects, one using boost and the other SDL2. The problem happens in both projects.

I'm new to CodeBlocks. So if there is a log somewhere that may help to find what the problems is: please tell me where to find it! (c:

Thanks!

Offline oBFusCATed

• Developer
  • Lives here!
    • Travis build status
Re: project=>Properties gives me an empty form
« Reply #1 on: January 02, 2017, 06:50:01 pm »
Try installing the latest version which is 16.01 and report back if the problem persists.
Also there is a PPA with night builds for ubuntu. You can try those, too.
(most of the time I ignore long posts)
[strangers don't send me private messages, I'll ignore them; post a topic in the forum, but first read the rules!]

Offline TheVoiceInMyHead

• Single posting newcomer
[Solved] Re: project=>Properties gives me an empty form
« Reply #2 on: January 02, 2017, 08:51:52 pm »

I'm Sorry, I didn't realise the official Ubuntu repository was so far behind. I updated to 16.01 and the problem seems to be gone.
Thanks!