Author Topic: Some settings not saved and X clipboard not working  (Read 3583 times)

Offline vitke

• Single posting newcomer
Some settings not saved and X clipboard not working
« on: December 19, 2016, 09:25:19 pm »
I set the caret color in Settings->Editor->Margins and caret and choose File->Save everything. Next time I enter codeblocks the caret color is again the default one. No wonder, since the caret section of default.conf
Code
		<caret>
<STYLE int="1" />
<WIDTH int="1" />
<PERIOD int="500" />
</caret>
does not contain any color at all.

There are other problems as well. I installed color themes from here: http://wiki.codeblocks.org/index.php/Syntax_highlighting_custom_colour_themes. I choose a color theme (Vim), choose File->Save everything. Next time I enter codeblocks the default color scheme is selected (modnokai_night_shift_v2).

Is there any way to use the normal X clipboard? I am unable to paste text from an external window (a terminal or another editor) using the middle mouse button. I can paste text within codeblocks in this way, but only as long as it remains selected.

I'm in Arch Linux,  with codeblocks version 16.01.

Offline oBFusCATed

• Developer
  • Lives here!
    • Travis build status
Re: Some settings not saved and X clipboard not working
« Reply #1 on: December 20, 2016, 12:02:16 am »
1. the colour is not saved there, but in the colour manager settings
2. save everything doesn't save config files, only correctly exiting c::b saves config files.
3. you can have middle paste, but you cannot have select to copy and then use middle paste

1. and 2. are probably caused by a crash at exit or a permission problem with default.conf.
(most of the time I ignore long posts)
[strangers don't send me private messages, I'll ignore them; post a topic in the forum, but first read the rules!]

Offline vitke

• Single posting newcomer
« Reply #2 on: December 20, 2016, 09:37:13 pm »
Indeed, ~/.config/codeblocks/default.conf was owned by root. Thanks!

Somehow now it's possible to paste from terminal with a middle button.

EDIT: The problem with the default.conf ownership was caused because I did
Code
sudo cb_share_config
following the http://tafhim.blogspot.rs/2010/08/exporting-and-importing-codeblocks.html blog. But sudo seems not to be necessary.
« Last Edit: December 20, 2016, 09:56:21 pm by vitke »

Offline oBFusCATed

• Developer
  • Lives here!
    • Travis build status
« Reply #3 on: December 21, 2016, 11:08:11 am »
EDIT: The problem with the default.conf ownership was caused because I did
Code
sudo cb_share_config
following the http://tafhim.blogspot.rs/2010/08/exporting-and-importing-codeblocks.html blog. But sudo seems not to be necessary.
Of course it is wrong. Sudo is for root own stuff the config of C::B is user owned. Probably we should add some warning or message to prevent such issues, because this problem is not uncommon. :(
(most of the time I ignore long posts)
[strangers don't send me private messages, I'll ignore them; post a topic in the forum, but first read the rules!]