Author Topic: How to increase the UI font size  (Read 3497 times)

Offline dcarrera

• Single posting newcomer
How to increase the UI font size
« on: December 07, 2016, 08:23:05 pm »
Hello,

I just started using Code::Blocks and I find the UI font really small and hard to read. Just to be clear: I am not talking about the font size of my code in the editor. I know how to increase that one. But Code::Blocks is a complex beast with tons of menus and tabs, and windows with build messages, and all that, and all of that has a small font size that really strains my vision.

In case it matters, my operating system is Ubuntu Linux 16.04 running Gnome Shell.

I would be grateful for any help you might offer. Code::Blocks is a bit overwhelming and I am trying to read through the menus  to figure out what they do and I am constantly squinting and my eyes are beginning to hurt.

Cheers,
Daniel.

Offline oBFusCATed

• Developer
  • Lives here!
    • Travis build status
Re: How to increase the UI font size
« Reply #1 on: December 07, 2016, 09:46:17 pm »
What is the DPI of you monitor?
Does other gtk2 apps look OK?
Can you share a screen shot?
(most of the time I ignore long posts)
[strangers don't send me private messages, I'll ignore them; post a topic in the forum, but first read the rules!]

Offline dcarrera

• Single posting newcomer
Re: How to increase the UI font size
« Reply #2 on: December 07, 2016, 10:00:55 pm »
What is the DPI of you monitor?
Does other gtk2 apps look OK?
Can you share a screen shot?

Aha! As it turns out, other Gtk apps also had small fonts on the menus. It looks like I did not notice because I do not often use a lot of menus. I spend most of my time on a terminal, a text editor, or a browser, and all were configured to have a larger font size than Gtk menus. Anyway, I went to the Gtk editor, increased the "Interface" font size, and now Code::Blocks looks good.

Thanks again. Sorry for the dumb question.