Author Topic: Cant find compiler executable in the search path  (Read 3561 times)

nictay21

Cant find compiler executable in the search path
« on: December 07, 2016, 03:52:00 am »
The compiler's setup (GNU GCC Compiler) is invalid, so Code::Blocks cannot find/run the compiler.
Probably the toolchain path within the compiler options is not setup correctly?! (Do you have a compiler installed?)
Goto "Settings->Compiler...->Global compiler settings->GNU GCC Compiler->Toolchain executables" and fix the compiler's setup.
Skipping...

Offline Jenna

• Administrator
  • Lives here!
Re: Cant find compiler executable in the search path
« Reply #1 on: December 07, 2016, 06:13:37 am »
And what's your question ?

Did you do what the message-box suggests ?

j_jobs

« Reply #2 on: December 17, 2016, 05:40:03 pm »
Actually i have the same problem ( and, after programming for more than 10 years with different C++ compilers, i am anything but a noob ).

I have installed code::blocks as administrator on my computer running windows 7.0 pro.
i have installed TWO of the supposedly supported compilers ( tiny C and miniGW as gnu-gcc for windows ).
I have changed the compiler in the settings/compiler global settings and made sure that the paths in the "toolchain executables" point to correct files.

No matter what i do, the error message pops up in the lower right corner and says "cant find compiler executable in the configured search path for GNU GCC compiler".

The exe files are there and can be run in command line. And, more importantly, that message looks like it is searching for GNU GCC even if i have configured to use Tiny C.

Offline oBFusCATed

• Developer
  • Lives here!
    • Travis build status
« Reply #3 on: December 17, 2016, 07:05:46 pm »
Which compilers have you set up?
What you set up the GNU GCC Compiler?
Do you have a project? Which compiler is set to be used by this project?
The build log is telling you which compiler is used for the current compilation.
You have to either switch it or set it up.
(most of the time I ignore long posts)
[strangers don't send me private messages, I'll ignore them; post a topic in the forum, but first read the rules!]