Author Topic: Source files do not appear  (Read 12204 times)

Offline fblevins

• Single posting newcomer
Source files do not appear
« on: November 25, 2016, 09:30:59 am »
Hello. This may be a settings-related issue, but one that I'm unable to solve. I.'d really appreciate a hand.

Up until last night all the source files in a project I've been working on were listed in a drop-down underneath the project name in the resources tab of the management console. Last night I experienced a crash that necessitated a reboot. Now when I go into Codeblocks my source files no longer show up. I've even gone as far as uninstalling/reinstalling the package multiple times and loading of my project, but nothing changes. The only project I can get to run is the default "Hello .World" app, and even then I cannot view/edit the source.

Does anyone else have any experience or have a solution? If I can't get a resolution I will be forced to start my project from scratch using another IDE, and I'd rather not as I've become attached to CB..

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance,
Floyd Blevins

Offline stahta01

• Lives here!
    • My Best Post
Re: Source files do not appear
« Reply #1 on: November 25, 2016, 09:39:58 am »
resources tab of the management console

Try looking under the projects tab instead.

Tim S.
C Programmer working to learn more about C++ and Git.
On Windows 7 64 bit and Windows 10 64 bit.
--
When in doubt, read the CB WiKi FAQ. http://wiki.codeblocks.org

Offline fblevins

« Reply #2 on: November 25, 2016, 10:01:02 am »
In the resources tab, is the word "Resources". Indented underneath that is my project name, but there is nothing, literally nothing, underneath that. I'm truly at a loss here.

Offline rlb

• Multiple posting newcomer
« Reply #3 on: November 25, 2016, 10:11:48 am »
In the resources tab, is the word "Resources".
And what's underneath the Projects tab? You may have to scroll the tabset to the left to get the Projects tab into view.
Richard Bos

Offline fblevins

« Reply #4 on: November 25, 2016, 12:31:04 pm »
I do not see a projects tab and there is no horiz scrollbar to allow me to scroll left or right.

Ahhh... there it is. After moving the tabs to the window bottom I was able to scroll left and there it was! Thank you!!!!
« Last Edit: November 25, 2016, 12:35:08 pm by fblevins »

Offline Jenna

• Administrator
  • Lives here!
« Reply #5 on: November 25, 2016, 04:14:47 pm »
For others, that stumble over the same problem: there there should be a little (in most cases) black triangle  at the left and/or right of the tabs, if you click on it, you can scroll through the tabs.
Or you can (temporarily) resize the management pane.