Author Topic: Code::Blocks window size takes up both monitors every time  (Read 2801 times)

Offline Gunn

• Single posting newcomer
Code::Blocks window size takes up both monitors every time
« on: October 28, 2016, 05:36:46 pm »
Is there a way to have Code::blocks 16.01 remember the initial window size each time it is started? Because each time I start it from a Putty terminal on my Windows 7 Professional desktop, it appears taking up both of my dual monitors.  Not quite full screen, but close.

I've checked the Settings->Environment->Layout Options:Save/restore editor layout, as that seemed most obvious, but it doesn't change anything. It's very frustrating to have to resize the window each time I launch it.  :-\

Thanks,

Tom

Offline stahta01

• Lives here!
    • My Best Post
Re: Code::Blocks window size takes up both monitors every time
« Reply #1 on: October 28, 2016, 05:43:27 pm »
Never used this option; but, did you try.

"settings" -> "Environment"
View: Enhanced Multi Monitor dialog placement
Edit: Also, try the sub option both on and off

Tim S.

« Last Edit: October 28, 2016, 05:45:17 pm by stahta01 »
C Programmer working to learn more about C++ and Git.
On Windows 7 64 bit and Windows 10 64 bit.
--
When in doubt, read the CB WiKi FAQ. http://wiki.codeblocks.org

Offline Gunn

• Single posting newcomer
Re: Code::Blocks window size takes up both monitors every time
« Reply #2 on: November 07, 2016, 08:35:09 pm »
Never used this option; but, did you try.

"settings" -> "Environment"
View: Enhanced Multi Monitor dialog placement
Edit: Also, try the sub option both on and off

Tim S.

Thanks for the reply. The option you mentioned was not checked when I originally wrote the topic. So I did try to enable it. No luck, nothing changes. I tried both sub-options listed also. Each time I checked the sub-option, the "Environment Settings" dialog would snap to the exact center of my desktop (which spans two monitors). But when I quit and re-started, the CodeBlocks main dialog was in the same place, spanning both of my monitors, nearly full screen but not quite.

Where would I find where the settings are saved? At first I wondered if they were being saved, but when I disabled and then enable the option to turn off the splash screen, it correctly read the setting on startup. But I can't find a location where they are saved. Is there a setting for window size and position? Maybe I can manually configure it to do what I want.

Thanks,

Tom