Developer forums (C::B DEVELOPMENT STRICTLY!) > Plugins development

Compiler Plugin: Plan to add compiler for MSys2

(1/6) > >>

stahta01:
I am planning to add a Compiler toolchain settings for the MSys2's GCC Compiler.

The planned name is "msys2-gcc". This is one of the things that will be hard to changed; so, I need to confirm the name is OK?
The planned title is "MSys2 GCC".

I plan to add an variable expansion of "$(TARGET_COMPILER_PREFIX)". http://wiki.codeblocks.org/index.php/Variable_expansion

I, also, plan to add variable expansion of "$(TARGET_WORKING_DIR)".

Both of the above variable expansions are going to use forward slashes instead of backslashes.

On my computer, "$(TARGET_COMPILER_DIR)" is "C:\Apps32\MSys2\mingw32\".
While the "$(TARGET_COMPILER_PREFIX)" will be "C:/Apps32/MSys2/mingw32". Notice the last slash is missing.

Tim S.

oBFusCATed:
What is different with this compiler that it needs a separate entry?
Can't it be made as a copy of the original gcc compiler?

stahta01:

--- Quote from: oBFusCATed on October 23, 2016, 07:45:50 pm ---What is different with this compiler that it needs a separate entry?
Can't it be made as a copy of the original gcc compiler?

--- End quote ---

No; but, it might be able to be a copy of the CygWin compiler.
I am just planning on copying the three CygWin compiler files (cpp, h, and xml).
I could instead just edit the three CygWin files instead of copying them.

Tim S.

stahta01:
Ah, I think you mean I should try to create two xml files; instead of doing it the way the Cygwin compiler did it.

Tim S.

oBFusCATed:
No, I mean exactly: why do we need to have this as a separate compiler in the list of compilers?
Isn't this just another gcc compiler? So a user will set it up just by adjusting the toolchain paths for a gcc compiler.
If we need to improve autodetection for it we should do so and not add another compiler in the already very long list of compilers most users have no idea what to do with!

Probably we should modify this dialog to make users add compilers in the list and not stick them by default there... but this is a bit more complex task...

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version