Author Topic: Modify action of Run button  (Read 2447 times)

Offline mogplus88

• Multiple posting newcomer
Modify action of Run button
« on: September 30, 2016, 04:25:49 am »
Hi All, noob here.
I am using CodeBlocks to program an Arduino Nano (got fed up with Arduino's awful ide), and I would like to modify the action of the Run button to do something like execute Avrdude to upload my program. Currently I have CB set up to execute Avrdude for a Release target, not the Debug target, so I can compile to my heart's content without uploading, and that works fine. But the Run button, for me anyway, is completely redundant. Is there a way to modify its behaviour? This question has been asked before, but it was back in 2008 and nobody came up with an answer. I'm hoping maybe things have changed since then!
Thanks,
Ian

Offline oBFusCATed

• Developer
  • Lives here!
    • Travis build status
Re: Modify action of Run button
« Reply #1 on: September 30, 2016, 09:14:04 am »
No there is, no way to modify the runs behaviour as far as I know.
But you can create a tool that can use the output file path and do the upload.
(most of the time I ignore long posts)
[strangers don't send me private messages, I'll ignore them; post a topic in the forum, but first read the rules!]

Offline mogplus88

« Reply #2 on: September 30, 2016, 02:59:30 pm »
Thanks oBFusCATed. Been there and done that too. It'd be good if it was possible to allocate a toolbar button to a tool in the tools menu, very handy in fact. Or maybe I'm just asking too much!
;-) Ian

Offline oBFusCATed

• Developer
  • Lives here!
    • Travis build status
« Reply #3 on: September 30, 2016, 08:35:04 pm »
It is on my todo to add some way to make toolbars configurable, but I've lots more stuff that is higher priority.
(most of the time I ignore long posts)
[strangers don't send me private messages, I'll ignore them; post a topic in the forum, but first read the rules!]

Offline mogplus88

« Reply #4 on: October 01, 2016, 03:51:15 pm »
Appreciate it oBFusCATed, it must keep you very busy! It's a great tool and I love it.
;-) Ian