Author Topic: it doesn't show anything in the part where the codes should be  (Read 12661 times)

Offline gnicgnoc

• Single posting newcomer
When i make a project it doesn/t show me the part where i should put the codes and it doesn,t let me write anything(the part where should be the codes to making that hello world thing) but it can build and when it runs it shows that black window and says hello world .

Offline BlueHazzard

• Developer
  • Lives here!
Re: it doesn't show anything in the part where the codes should be
« Reply #1 on: July 10, 2016, 01:27:08 pm »
on the left side is a tree control, with your project name, click on the + symbol to expand the tree. Expand all, and double click on the main.cpp

(OT: this comes from this stupid make it simple apps where you can't do shit... The user begins to be dump as a trash bin...

Offline gnicgnoc

« Reply #2 on: July 10, 2016, 03:25:02 pm »
no it doesn't work ..the tree is :
 -resourses
     project

Offline stahta01

• Lives here!
    • My Best Post
C Programmer working to learn more about C++ and Git.
On Windows 7 64 bit and Windows 10 64 bit.
--
When in doubt, read the CB WiKi FAQ. http://wiki.codeblocks.org

Offline papagym

• Multiple posting newcomer
« Reply #4 on: July 10, 2016, 07:26:33 pm »
When i make a project it doesn/t show me the part where i should put the codes and it doesn,t let me write anything(the part where should be the codes to making that hello world thing) but it can build and when it runs it shows that black window and says hello world .
You probably didn't start a project the right way! The part of CodeBlocks (CB) where you enter the code is called the editor, it should have the logo for CB in it when you started. (you can't use the start here button above it).
Now try to start a new project use File>New>Project> click on console applications then Go.  Choose C or C++ then next. Now in the Project title: give it a name in the box that appears.  I suggest you call it TestProject,  Any name would do. (you can delete any project later if it does not work). Click next and you can enter your code in the editor.
Good Luck

Offline Jenna

• Administrator
  • Lives here!
« Reply #5 on: July 10, 2016, 08:36:24 pm »
In some cases the management pane is too small and you can not see the "Projects" -tab.
In this case you should see a little black triangle on the left and/or the right side of the tabs. Clicking the left one should move the tabs, so you can see the left-most ("Projects") tab.

Offline gnicgnoc

« Reply #6 on: July 11, 2016, 06:48:34 am »
Thanks jens it worked!!!!!!!!!!