Author Topic: Problem with Valgrind plugin arguments  (Read 8384 times)

Offline pir

• Multiple posting newcomer
Problem with Valgrind plugin arguments
« on: July 01, 2016, 05:39:41 pm »
Hi

Using Valgrind very successfully from within CodeBlocks... but I have encountered a problem. When I try to run valgrind on a program with a space in the pathname, valgrind fails with a "can't find xmi file" error. On careful inspection of the command line with which valgrind is being launched, the name of the program is in quotes, but the name of the xml file is NOT quoted, leading to the problem I am seeing. Typing the same thing into a terminal window but quoting the name of the xml output file, it all runs as expected.

Is it possible to modify the format of the command line of the valgrind plugin? Or is this embedded in the .so file and hence needs to be done by the plugin's maintainer? Either way, I suggest it's a bug.

P.

Offline killerbot

• Administrator
  • Lives here!
Re: Problem with Valgrind plugin arguments
« Reply #1 on: July 01, 2016, 05:55:43 pm »
I will take a look at this.

Offline pir

• Multiple posting newcomer
« Reply #2 on: July 04, 2016, 10:46:14 am »
An update to this post...

I was incorrectly assuming that Valgrind was not starting. In fact, it was. (Confused by the two output windows.) But what is happening is that invoking Valgrind as described above loses the output file - Valgrind's output is simply written to the Valgrind output window. Regardless, this is not the desired behaviour.

P.

Offline DoctorRad

• Single posting newcomer
« Reply #3 on: February 27, 2017, 01:28:37 pm »
I have been having a similar if not the same problem. Running from the command line with the XML file path in quotes solves the issue, but it would be nice to get this fixed in a release version.

Offline oBFusCATed

• Developer
  • Lives here!
    • Travis build status
« Reply #4 on: March 12, 2017, 07:24:32 pm »
Fixed in rev 11029.
(most of the time I ignore long posts)
[strangers don't send me private messages, I'll ignore them; post a topic in the forum, but first read the rules!]