Author Topic: The 21 June 2016 build (10868) is out.  (Read 56648 times)

Offline Andy356

• Single posting newcomer
Re: The 21 June 2016 build (10868) is out.
« Reply #30 on: September 08, 2016, 01:27:51 am »
On the latest Codeblocks for Debian (svn 10887), I used it and then tried to close the program just now. It didn't respond at first. Then while I was repeatedly clicking the close button, it suddenly closed and was replaced with a dialog asking to generate a debug report. It is an xml file and is resting in the tmp folder. Codeblocks has resumed its normal behaviour. What should I do? Ignore it, or post the bug report? And how do I go about posting it if required?

Offline oBFusCATed

• Developer
  • Lives here!
    • Travis build status
« Reply #31 on: September 08, 2016, 08:30:35 am »
Does it happen all the time or was a single event?
The easiest thing you can do is attach the xml file to a forum post or use pastebin service to upload it to.
(most of the time I ignore long posts)
[strangers don't send me private messages, I'll ignore them; post a topic in the forum, but first read the rules!]

Offline Andy356

• Single posting newcomer
« Reply #32 on: September 09, 2016, 09:25:28 pm »
Oh... This is embarrassing. The file is gone. It was in the /tmp folder, so in hindsight, I should have saved it elsewhere. My bad.

But anyway, it has never occurred before, and hasn't happened again yet. Singular event, so far.

Offline UberNewb

• Multiple posting newcomer
« Reply #33 on: October 06, 2016, 08:32:13 pm »
Hello CB team! First off, just want to thank you guys for your continued work and progress on making CB great!

I have a couple issues I was hoping you guys could help me resolve.

Issue #1. There are fairly common errors in the CodeCompletion ability of CB. I type the first few letters and get a matching completion in the popup box, but then when I press enter it fills in an incorrect entry. It is like it is using the wrong index of the entry. Something that might be affecting it is when the popup overlaps the bottom of the CB window and not all entries are shown. Also, once in a while there will be empty space in the code completion popup where an entry should be, and part of the widget is missing.

Issue #2 (Possible feature request). I mentioned this a long time ago, but it must have gotten lost in the shuffle or was not a priority, but I would like to request a re-linking option in the build menu. I have several dependent libraries and projects that work together in the same workspace, and when I update a dependent library, I have to fully rebuild a dependent project to get it to re-link to the library. If there was a menu shortcut for re-linking that would be awesome I think.

I'm using 10868 Nightly with Windows 10 currently.

Anyway, love the work you guys are doing! CB is awesome! Waaaay better than MSVS if you ask me. ;)

Offline stahta01

• Lives here!
    • My Best Post
« Reply #34 on: October 06, 2016, 10:58:06 pm »
SNIP

Issue #2 (Possible feature request). I mentioned this a long time ago, but it must have gotten lost in the shuffle or was not a priority, but I would like to request a re-linking option in the build menu. I have several dependent libraries and projects that work together in the same workspace, and when I update a dependent library, I have to fully rebuild a dependent project to get it to re-link to the library. If there was a menu shortcut for re-linking that would be awesome I think.

I'm using 10868 Nightly with Windows 10 currently.

Anyway, love the work you guys are doing! CB is awesome! Waaaay better than MSVS if you ask me. ;)

Do you know about external dependencies in Code::Blocks because it fixes your item 2 for me.

Edit: I am NOT talking about project dependencies that are saved in the workspace file.

Tim S.

C Programmer working to learn more about C++ and Git.
On Windows 7 64 bit and Windows 10 64 bit.
--
When in doubt, read the CB WiKi FAQ. http://wiki.codeblocks.org

Offline oBFusCATed

• Developer
  • Lives here!
    • Travis build status
« Reply #35 on: October 07, 2016, 12:44:09 am »
Issue #1. There are fairly common errors in the CodeCompletion ability of CB. I type the first few letters and get a matching completion in the popup box, but then when I press enter it fills in an incorrect entry. It is like it is using the wrong index of the entry.
I've seen this several times, but I don't know how to reliably reproduce it.
Do you happen to know how to do it every time? If you know then I'll do my best to fix it.

[strangers don't send me private messages, I'll ignore them; post a topic in the forum, but first read the rules!]

Offline yvesdm3000

• Almost regular
« Reply #36 on: October 07, 2016, 06:26:21 pm »
Issue #1. There are fairly common errors in the CodeCompletion ability of CB. I type the first few letters and get a matching completion in the popup box, but then when I press enter it fills in an incorrect entry. It is like it is using the wrong index of the entry.
Do you happen to know how to do it every time? If you know then I'll do my best to fix it.
On occasion I see the exact same thing in my ClangCC plugin. I always assumed it was some sort of synchronization problem between an update and code completion, but now I'm unsure this is the case...

Yves
Clang based code completion for Code::Blocks:   http://github.com/yvesdm3000/ClangLib

Offline UberNewb

« Reply #37 on: October 09, 2016, 08:00:33 pm »

Do you know about external dependencies in Code::Blocks because it fixes your item 2 for me.

Edit: I am NOT talking about project dependencies that are saved in the workspace file.

Tim S.

I did not know about that. It looks like it will do the trick. Thanks.

Quote from: oBFusCATed
Quote from: UberNewb
I can't reliably reproduce it except when it happens. About 90% of the time it works fine, but when it does fail, it fails the same way repeatedly. I'll try to come up with an example of it, but it may have to do with the large number of symbols in my library. If I can come up with a small example I'll post it.

Offline oBFusCATed

• Developer
  • Lives here!
    • Travis build status
« Reply #38 on: October 09, 2016, 08:07:46 pm »
I can't reliably reproduce it except when it happens. About 90% of the time it works fine, but when it does fail, it fails the same way repeatedly.
What do you mean by repeatedly here? The problem doesn't go away until you restart C::B, right?

Offline UberNewb

« Reply #39 on: October 11, 2016, 01:28:11 am »
When I say repeatedly, it will fail the same way on the same code completion. Say I am typing 'WidgetBase', it will have the list of suggestions and point to the correct one, but then when I press enter it selects another one on the same list of suggestions. If I type WidgetBase again, and do it the same way, it will fail the same way. But I don't know how to make it happen. Sometimes it does, and sometimes it doesn't. I haven't come across it again yet, but I haven't been coding much the last few days. I'll let you know the next time it happens. I've never tried restarting so I don't know if that affects it.

Offline oBFusCATed

• Developer
  • Lives here!
    • Travis build status
« Reply #40 on: October 11, 2016, 07:22:56 pm »
I've never tried restarting so I don't know if that affects it.
Restarting fixes it for me. I'll be happy if you can confirm this. I'll be happier if you can find the exact steps needed to reproduce it.

Offline UberNewb

« Reply #41 on: October 21, 2016, 11:25:12 pm »
It hasn't happened again so far, so I can't confirm it yet.

However, I came across a newer and different parsing problem.

I was looking at the code completion for a function of mine named PinLayout::SetPinPosition and the suggested function parameters don't match the actual functions. You can see this from the two attached screenshots. I have also attached the PinLayout.hpp file for reference. Don't know if that will help or not.

This problem persisted after a restart, and didn't change even when the parser reread the files.

Offline oBFusCATed

• Developer
  • Lives here!
    • Travis build status
« Reply #42 on: October 22, 2016, 12:30:32 am »
Extract the code in a minimal samples and post an issue on the sf.net project page.
Without a minimal sample it is hard to tell what is wrong.

Offline UberNewb

« Reply #43 on: October 22, 2016, 10:49:35 pm »
Nevermind, this is not a bug. It's referring to a Pin object, not a PinLayout object. The code completion is correct. The mistake is mine. I'll keep working on reproducing the other code completion failure though.