Author Topic: cb_console_runner.exe Process terminated with status -1073741510  (Read 8092 times)

Offline pabristow

• Multiple posting newcomer
I'm trying to use the latest LLVM Clang 3.8.0 and GCC 5.3.0 compilers withCodeblocks 16.0.1 on Windows 10.  I only run console applications to test Boost library code but have tried to get started with a started hello_world program.

I have downloaded binaries for these compilers (having used these with other build systems) and added to the compilers list.

and built a standard hello_world.exe with each.  This exe appears to run fine with status 0x0 in the console window, but the code blocks cb_console_runner.exe appears unhappy with both the latest GCC and Clang compilers ending:

Checking for existence: C:\Users\Paul\CodeBlocks\hello_world\bin\Debug\hello_world.exe
Executing: "C:\Program Files (x86)\CodeBlocks/cb_console_runner.exe" "C:\Users\Paul\CodeBlocks\hello_world\bin\Debug\hello_world.exe"  (in C:\Users\Paul\CodeBlocks\hello_world\.)
Process terminated with status -1073741510 (0 minute(s), 4 second(s))

Is this caused by a mismatch of compiler versions used to build something?

Is there some more setup or rebuilding to be done to use these newest compilers?

Thanks.

Paul

PS I have checked on another Windows 10 machine with a clean install of codeblocks 16.01 including the mingw gcc compiler (4.9.2 (tdm1), and I find the same worrying ending when I run the default hello_world program as main.

Process terminated with status -1073741510 (0 minute(s), 4 second(s))

So it is NOT only caused by my added new compilers.

should I be worried about this?  I wouldn't expect this 'out of the box'?

« Last Edit: May 04, 2016, 05:56:45 pm by pabristow »

Offline oBFusCATed

• Developer
  • Lives here!
    • Travis build status
Re: cb_console_runner.exe Process terminated with status -1073741510
« Reply #1 on: May 04, 2016, 04:04:00 pm »
Have you tried to use the debugger?
Do you have some libs that your apps depends on?
C::B adjusts the path variable to match your library paths, so the dll used for building can be found when running your executable from inside cb.
(most of the time I ignore long posts)
[strangers don't send me private messages, I'll ignore them; post a topic in the forum, but first read the rules!]

Offline pabristow

« Reply #2 on: May 04, 2016, 04:16:09 pm »
Nothing as advanced as debugging yet!  I'm only in fumble mode trying to check that the simplest hello_world works (no libraries yet - using Boost header-only C++ planned for a while), crawling before walking or running ;-)

But if I do try a debug, it fails thus:

Active debugger config: GDB/CDB debugger:Default
Building to ensure sources are up-to-date
Selecting target:
Debug
Adding source dir: C:\Users\Paul\CodeBlocks\hello_world\
Adding source dir: C:\Users\Paul\CodeBlocks\hello_world\
Adding file: C:\Users\Paul\CodeBlocks\hello_world\bin\Debug\hello_world.exe
Changing directory to: C:/Users/Paul/CodeBlocks/hello_world/.
Set variable: PATH=.;C:\Program Files\mingw-w64\x86_64-5.3.0-win32-seh-rt_v4-rev0\mingw64\bin;C:\Program Files\mingw-w64\x86_64-5.3.0-win32-seh-rt_v4-rev0\mingw64;c:\Program Files\LLVM\bin;c:\Program Files\LLVM;C:\Program Files (x86)\Cuminas\Document Express DjVu Plug-in;C:\ProgramData\Oracle\Java\javapath;C:\Windows\System32;C:\Windows;C:\Windows\System32\wbem;C:\Windows\System32\WindowsPowerShell\v1.0;C:\Program Files (x86)\ATI Technologies\ATI.ACE\Core-Static;C:\Program Files\doxygen\bin;C:\Program Files\Microsoft\Web Platform Installer;C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft ASP.NET\ASP.NET Web Pages\v1.0;C:\Program Files\Microsoft SQL Server\110\Tools\Binn;C:\Program Files\Git\bin;c:\MinGW;C:\msys\1.0\bin;I:\modular-boost;I:\modular-boost\dist\bin;C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer;C:\Program Files (x86)\AMD\ATI.ACE\Core-Static;C:\Program Files (x86)\Windows Kits\10\Windows Performance Toolkit;C:\Program Files (x86)\Skype\Phone;C:\Program Files\Microsoft SQL Server\130\Tools\Binn;C:\Program Files\TortoiseGit\bin;C:\Program Files (x86)\Paragon Software\Paragon ExtFS for Windows;C:\Program Files (x86)\Nmap
Starting debugger: C:\MinGW\bin\gdb.exe -nx -fullname -quiet  -args C:/Users/Paul/CodeBlocks/hello_world/bin/Debug/hello_world.exe
failed

I don't see the compilers or debuggers in this list, which suggests that I am missing something here.

But a release run of GCC and Clang also complains that th cb_runner has not exited right.

(I have yet to get the MSVC compielr settings to work either).

Offline oBFusCATed

• Developer
  • Lives here!
    • Travis build status
« Reply #3 on: May 04, 2016, 04:59:13 pm »
What is the value of the path variable when you run the exe in a console?
Have you tried to use depends.exe to see what are the dependencies of your executable?
Have you tried a non-boost hello world? Boost is not always header only on windows (it uses magical pragmas to link to dlls in some libs).
[strangers don't send me private messages, I'll ignore them; post a topic in the forum, but first read the rules!]

Offline pabristow

« Reply #4 on: May 04, 2016, 06:21:26 pm »
C:\Users\Paul\CodeBlocks\hello\bin\Debug>set path
Path=C:\Program Files (x86)\Cuminas\Document Express DjVu Plug-in\;C:\ProgramData\Oracle\Java\javapath;C:\WINDOWS\system32;C:\WINDOWS;C:\WINDOWS\System32\Wbem;C:\WINDOWS\System32\WindowsPowerShell\v1.0\;C:\Program Files (x86)\ATI Technologies\ATI.ACE\Core-Static;C:\Program Files\doxygen\bin;C:\Program Files\Microsoft\Web Platform Installer\;C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft ASP.NET\ASP.NET Web Pages\v1.0\;C:\Program Files\Microsoft SQL Server\110\Tools\Binn\;C:\Program Files\Git\bin;c:\mingw;C:\MinGW\bin;%MSYS_HOME%\bin;I:\modular-boost;I:\modular-boost\dist\bin;c:\Program Files\llvm\bin;C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\;C:\Program Files (x86)\AMD\ATI.ACE\Core-Static;C:\Program Files (x86)\Windows Kits\10\Windows Performance Toolkit\;C:\Program Files (x86)\Skype\Phone\;C:\Program Files\Microsoft SQL Server\130\Tools\Binn\;C:\Program Files\TortoiseGit\bin;C:\Program Files (x86)\Paragon Software\Paragon ExtFS for Windows;C:\Program Files (x86)\Nmap

C:\Users\Paul\CodeBlocks\hello\bin\Release>set path
Path=C:\Program Files (x86)\Cuminas\Document Express DjVu Plug-in\;C:\ProgramData\Oracle\Java\javapath;C:\WINDOWS\system32;C:\WINDOWS;C:\WINDOWS\System32\Wbem;C:\WINDOWS\System32\WindowsPowerShell\v1.0\;C:\Program Files (x86)\ATI Technologies\ATI.ACE\Core-Static;C:\Program Files\doxygen\bin;C:\Program Files\Microsoft\Web Platform Installer\;C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft ASP.NET\ASP.NET Web Pages\v1.0\;C:\Program Files\Microsoft SQL Server\110\Tools\Binn\;C:\Program Files\Git\bin;c:\mingw;C:\MinGW\bin;%MSYS_HOME%\bin;I:\modular-boost;I:\modular-boost\dist\bin;c:\Program Files\llvm\bin;C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\;C:\Program Files (x86)\AMD\ATI.ACE\Core-Static;C:\Program Files (x86)\Windows Kits\10\Windows Performance Toolkit\;C:\Program Files (x86)\Skype\Phone\;C:\Program Files\Microsoft SQL Server\130\Tools\Binn\;C:\Program Files\TortoiseGit\bin;C:\Program Files (x86)\Paragon Software\Paragon ExtFS for Windows;C:\Program Files (x86)\Nmap
PATHEXT=.COM;.EXE;.BAT;.CMD;.VBS;.VBE;.JS;.JSE;.WSF;.WSH;.MSC

but hello.exe won't run in a windows command window from /debug or /release since I added mingw/bin to the path  :(

(Previously was missing libstdc++-6.dll)

Not even trying to use Boost headers or libraries yet! !! (There be worms - I wrote some ...)

I am just installing depends, but a hello_world should only need the std library?

Thanks for help so far.

Paul

Offline oBFusCATed

• Developer
  • Lives here!
    • Travis build status
« Reply #5 on: May 04, 2016, 06:27:59 pm »
Obviously you have many compilers installed and some of them are on the PATH and some of them aren't.
You have to fix this or at least copy the required and correct libstdc++.dll in the folder next to your executable.
Another option is to link statically to libstc++, but I don't know how this is done on windows. You'll have to inspect the documentation of the compiler.

Offline pabristow

« Reply #6 on: May 04, 2016, 07:42:45 pm »
depends says (among other things)

Error: At least one required implicit or forwarded dependency was not found.
Error: At least one module has an unresolved import due to a missing export function in an implicitly dependent module.
Error: Modules with different CPU types were found.
Warning: At least one delay-load dependency module was not found.

So I'll try  to resolve all these items, and the PATHs to all compilers.

And try to link statically perhaps.

Thanks so far. Paul

Offline pabristow

« Reply #7 on: May 05, 2016, 03:28:52 pm »
I have added libgcc_s_seh-1.dll and libstdc++-6.dll alongside hello.exe and it runs in a local command window (which is all I am trying to achieve) but dependency viewer still isn't entirely happy.

However isn't the point of the cb_console_runner to provide the necessary to run the console window?  It only  seems on exit that it is unhappy?

I also cannot see what I need to provide paths to all my compilers in PATH - isn't that what Codeblocks does for you when they are entered into the settings, compilers section?

So I think I will proceed to try to get some header-only Boost programs to run.

Thanks  Paul

Offline stahta01

• Lives here!
    • My Best Post
« Reply #8 on: May 05, 2016, 05:05:52 pm »
However isn't the point of the cb_console_runner to provide the necessary to run the console window?  It only  seems on exit that it is unhappy?

The main purpose of cb_console_runner is to run your program and pause it at the end.

The "Process terminated with status" has nothing to do with cb_console_runner; might have something to do with Code::Blocks.
But, the most likely cause is your code does NOT return a good value because of coding mistake or run-time error.
Neither of which is a valid topic for this site I suggest posting the code on a site like http://cboard.cprogramming.com/forum.php along with a build log; both in code tags and ask for help.

Edit: Re-skimmed the thread I missed anyone suggesting to make sure the working folder inside Code::Blocks is what you want it to be. That is one of the things that varies between CB and running it directly on the command line. Likely you program errors out because the working directory is NOT what you think it is.

Tim S.
« Last Edit: May 05, 2016, 05:10:19 pm by stahta01 »
C Programmer working to learn more about C++ and Git.
On Windows 7 64 bit and Windows 10 64 bit.
--
When in doubt, read the CB WiKi FAQ. http://wiki.codeblocks.org