User forums > Help

Graphical interface issue on Ubuntu Xenial

<< < (2/5) > >>

frithjofh:
I think I had something similar some time ago. In my case it went away changing the graphics driver. It seemed wxWidgets had some issues with the then version of nouveau drivers on the OS I was using (SuSE). Don't know if it may be of any help to you, though...

Alpha:
I believe Ubuntu 16.04 removes wx28 from its repositories, which might mean that C::B is being force to use wx30?

dmoore:

--- Quote from: Alpha on May 03, 2016, 04:42:30 pm ---I believe Ubuntu 16.04 removes wx28 from its repositories, which might mean that C::B is being force to use wx30?

--- End quote ---

I put wx2.8 into my codeblocks-stable PPA and the 16.01 version of Code::Blocks in that PPA is built against it.

wtelam:
I installed Code::Blocks (CB) from DMoore's codeblocks-stable PPA (https://launchpad.net/~damien-moore/+archive/ubuntu/codeblocks-stable) as described in his earlier message in this thread.  I installed it under a fresh install of Ubuntu 16.04 and CB seems to be working fine.  No evidence of GUI instability.  This istalls CB 16.01 and it's nice to have the later version.

I used the Ubuntu Software Center after adding the PPA.  The Edit menu has been removed from the Software Center and is now accessed via System Settings -> Software & Updates -> Other Software tab.  The PAA can be added there using the name in the above link and then the Ubuntu Software Center seems to find the correct build of CB.

It does seem that this is a wxwidgets 2.8 vs 3.0 problem and has been solved.  Many thanks to DMoore for being on top of this.

devsh2:
This bug affects Ubuntu 17.04 Zesty as well, and I cant get anything from the PPA because of dependency conflicts (even when I try to use the xenial channel in software sources)

Is there an ETA on a zesty package??
Or some sort of a guide to compiling with wx2.8 ?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version