User forums > Help

Graphical interface issue on Ubuntu Xenial

<< < (5/5)

blockhead:
@olivierG
A huge vote of thanks to you for taking the trouble to post that! Ubuntu isn't my Linux of choice, but I was forced to use it on the only available (working) little netbook at present, and ran straight into the same graphics corruption problem - shame on you Canonical!  It took hours for the atom cpu to chomp through all that, but thanks to your post I now have a 32 bit code::blocks that actually works.

As the most up-to-date 32 bit Ubuntu is 16.whatever (Xenial) I had to make an odd adjustment. I think this was simply to enable Canonical's Xenial source repo, but it was so late at night that I'm not too clear on that right now.  Anyway, the adaption must have been obvious, and anyone who is faced with the same problem is urged to just go for it, as it's a very complex task that others have made surprisingly easy.

I missed your "- Install the most recent public version of CB" bit, and in fact removed the semi-functional CB with apt-get.. before starting, but the build completed anyway.  I'm not sure if this is in any way relevant.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version