Author Topic: Cscope plugin not working?  (Read 6912 times)

Offline raynebc

• Almost regular
Cscope plugin not working?
« on: April 29, 2016, 10:27:23 pm »
I'd never used this plugin before, but I find that if I try to use the "Find functions called by" or "Find functions calling" functions, the Cscope log tab is displayed as empty and "error while calling cscope occurred" is displayed in the status area at the bottom of the log pane.  Is there something I'm missing here?  Running the 4-11-2016 nightly build of C::B on Windows 7 Pro x64.

Offline Jenna

• Administrator
  • Lives here!
Re: Cscope plugin not working?
« Reply #1 on: April 29, 2016, 10:54:23 pm »
You have to install  cscope executable (see: http://wiki.codeblocks.org/index.php/Cscope_plugin ).

The plugin just calls it.

Offline raynebc

• Almost regular
« Reply #2 on: April 29, 2016, 11:49:50 pm »
Thank you.  Unfortunately the cscope project doesn't offer binaries and their code won't build with MinGW/MSYS (needs sys/wait.h which I guess doesn't exist in MinGW).  I was able to find a build on the Internet though (https://easy-vim.googlecode.com/files/cscope.exe) and it seems to work fine.

Offline ncassetta

• Single posting newcomer
« Reply #3 on: June 15, 2016, 02:45:52 pm »
Excuse me for reopening, I'm having the same problem. I downloaded the executable cscope.exe but how can I "install" it? I found a "Cscope" folder in my \shared\codeblocks path, but it's zipped and contains only a manifest file.
Thanks N. Cassetta

Offline raynebc

• Almost regular
« Reply #4 on: June 15, 2016, 06:53:31 pm »
I placed it in my compiler's bin directory, but as long as you put it in one of the folders in your PATH environment variable (so that you can call it from the command line at any working directory) you should be good to go.

Offline ncassetta

« Reply #5 on: June 15, 2016, 08:33:08 pm »
Ok, thanks!

Offline Jenna

• Administrator
  • Lives here!
« Reply #6 on: June 15, 2016, 11:36:00 pm »
I found a "Cscope" folder in my \shared\codeblocks path, but it's zipped and contains only a manifest file.
That's part of the cscope-plugin.

Offline adamkami

« Reply #7 on: October 07, 2019, 06:05:02 pm »
Having cscope.exe in directory present in %PATH% is not enough. I'm using C::B 17.12 and cscope started to work after putting it to C:\Program Files (x86)\CodeBlocks\MinGW\bin

Correction:
It is not true. Having cscope in directory present in %PATH% is enough. My fault was caused by having different PATH in system and in Command Prompt.

Adam
« Last Edit: October 07, 2019, 10:30:20 pm by adamkami »

Offline BlueHazzard

• Developer
  • Lives here!
« Reply #8 on: October 07, 2019, 08:31:22 pm »
With a never version (current nightly) there is a new option to set the path to the cscope executable in Settings->Environment->CScope