Author Topic: autorevision failed to grab svn info on windows 10 pro x64  (Read 3617 times)

Offline Prodigy

• Single posting newcomer
autorevision failed to grab svn info on windows 10 pro x64
« on: April 09, 2016, 01:47:11 am »
I was curious why my built on latest trunk revision showing revision 0 on about dialog page, found out on compiling it seems autorevision failed to grab svn info because of it cannot found the svn client.

While the svn client (tortoisesvn) bin folder already on my PATH and also command line svn client already checked while installed tortoise svn. I have re-checked this by opening a dos prompt and trying svn help with successful result (it can found the svn client).

Also manually typing on dos prompt the following
Code
C:\Users\Prodigy\Documents\Works\CodeBlocks\src>build_tools\autorevision\autorevision +wx +int +t .. include/autorevision.h
producing the correct autorevision.h while invoking autorevision.exe through codeblocks has failed to running and getting info from the svn client.

Here is the log from the build log :
Code
Output file is devel\wxpropgrid.dll with size 3.41 MB
Running target pre-build steps
build_tools\autorevision\autorevision +wx +int +t .. include/autorevision.h
'svn' is not recognized as an internal or external command,
operable program or batch file.

I am also already set the following in my Environment Variables CodeBlocks Options :
Code
Key : SVN
Value : C:\Program Files\TortoiseSVN\bin

The tortoisesvn client that i have installed is the 64 bit version, could it the problems?
« Last Edit: April 09, 2016, 01:52:04 am by Prodigy »

Offline Prodigy

• Single posting newcomer
Re: autorevision failed to grab svn info on windows 10 pro x64
« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2016, 02:29:05 am »
Found out, it seems 32 bit app on windows cannot call 64 bit app?, i thought that it only applies to libraries?. i have fixed with replacing 64 bit svn client binaries with 32 bit version on my PATH  :).
Now autorevision succeed to call 32 bit svn client.