Author Topic: CodeBlocks Compile error~~TAT~~  (Read 7245 times)

Offline Polarix

• Single posting newcomer
CodeBlocks Compile error~~TAT~~
« on: March 31, 2016, 03:24:38 pm »
I try to build codeblocks source but got a error like follow log:
sdk\wxpropgrid\include\wx\propgrid\propgrid.h|1146|note: in expansion of macro 'wxCHECK'|
sdk\wxpropgrid\include\wx\propgrid\propgrid.h||In member function 'void wxArrayPGProperty::Remove(_wxArraywxArrayPGProperty)':|
D:\Source\wxWidgets-2.8.12\include\wx\debug.h|194|warning: typedef 'wxDummyCheckInt' locally defined but not used [-Wunused-local-typedefs]|
D:\Source\wxWidgets-2.8.12\include\wx\debug.h|224|note: in expansion of macro 'wxFORCE_SEMICOLON'|
D:\Source\wxWidgets-2.8.12\include\wx\dynarray.h|353|note: in expansion of macro 'wxCHECK2_MSG'|
D:\Source\wxWidgets-2.8.12\include\wx\dynarray.h|486|note: in expansion of macro '_WX_DEFINE_TYPEARRAY_HELPER'|
D:\Source\wxWidgets-2.8.12\include\wx\dynarray.h|669|note: in expansion of macro '_WX_DEFINE_TYPEARRAY_PTR'|
sdk\wxpropgrid\include\wx\propgrid\propgrid.h|1894|note: in expansion of macro 'WX_DEFINE_TYPEARRAY_WITH_DECL_PTR'|
sdk\wxpropgrid\include\wx\propgrid\propgrid.h||In member function 'void wxPropertyGridInterface::SetPropertyEditor(wxPGPropArg, const wxPGEditor*)':|
D:\Source\wxWidgets-2.8.12\include\wx\debug.h|194|warning: typedef 'wxDummyCheckInt' locally defined but not used [-Wunused-local-typedefs]|
D:\Source\wxWidgets-2.8.12\include\wx\debug.h|224|note: in expansion of macro 'wxFORCE_SEMICOLON'|
D:\Source\wxWidgets-2.8.12\include\wx\debug.h|233|note: in expansion of macro 'wxCHECK2_MSG'|
sdk\wxpropgrid\include\wx\propgrid\propgrid.h|5852|note: in expansion of macro 'wxCHECK_RET'|
ld.exe||cannot find -lexchndl|
||error: ld returned 1 exit status|
||=== Build failed: 2 error(s), 493 warning(s) (5 minute(s), 1 second(s)) ===|

I don't know what is the "exchndl", and try tu search it but not find any thing.
Please tell me how to deal with this error and whst is Imissed.
Thanks a lot.

Offline BlueHazzard

• Developer
  • Lives here!
Re: CodeBlocks Compile error~~TAT~~
« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2016, 03:05:17 pm »
Are you trying to compile codeblocks from within codeblocks? Or some other program?

What OS version? What source of code?

greetings

Offline Polarix

« Reply #2 on: April 03, 2016, 06:22:31 am »
Are you trying to compile codeblocks from within codeblocks? Or some other program?

greetings

Yeah, I build it in CodeBlocks16.01, with wx3.0.2, and I try it in Windows 10 and XP(VMWare), MinGW version is 4.9.2.
« Last Edit: April 03, 2016, 06:30:36 am by Polarix »

Offline stahta01

• Lives here!
    • My Best Post
« Reply #3 on: April 03, 2016, 06:52:17 pm »
We still have no idea what the source of the code is?

And, decide are you using wxWidgets version 2.8 or 3.0.

And, what CBP file are you trying to compile!

greetings
C Programmer working to learn more about C++ and Git.
On Windows 7 64 bit and Windows 10 64 bit.
--
When in doubt, read the CB WiKi FAQ. http://wiki.codeblocks.org

Offline BlueHazzard

• Developer
  • Lives here!
« Reply #4 on: April 03, 2016, 09:19:36 pm »
1) You say you use wx3.0, but in the build log there is written 2.8, so you use the wrong project file, or the wrong wxWidgtes version...
2) lexchndl is part of the exception handling of c::b it should get delivered with the source code
3) For more clearance you should post the whole build log from the build log tab (after making a fresh rebuild)

greetings

Offline Polarix

« Reply #5 on: April 05, 2016, 08:39:41 am »
1) You say you use wx3.0, but in the build log there is written 2.8, so you use the wrong project file, or the wrong wxWidgtes version...
2) lexchndl is part of the exception handling of c::b it should get delivered with the source code
3) For more clearance you should post the whole build log from the build log tab (after making a fresh rebuild)

greetings
Yes thank you.
And I checked it an rebuilt the wx3.0.2 complete.
then I try to build the Project with CodeBlocks_wx30.cbp or batch_build_all_30.bat, but the error ia already existed. and I Found the \src\exchndl\win32\lib folder is blank.
that's it, vould you help me to deal with it?
Thanks a lot.

Logs:
-------------- Build: src in Code::Blocks wx3.0.x (compiler: GNU GCC Compiler)---------------

mingw32-g++.exe -Lbase\tinyxml -LD:\CBDEV\wxWidgets-3.0.2\lib\gcc_dll -Ldevel30 -Lexchndl\win32\lib -o devel30\codeblocks.exe .objs30\src\app.o .objs30\src\appglobals.o .objs30\src\associations.o .objs30\src\backtracedlg.o .objs30\src\breakpointsdlg.o .objs30\src\compilersettingsdlg.o .objs30\src\cpuregistersdlg.o .objs30\src\crashhandler.o .objs30\src\debugger_interface_creator.o .objs30\src\debuggermenu.o .objs30\src\debuggersettingscommonpanel.o .objs30\src\debuggersettingsdlg.o .objs30\src\debuggersettingspanel.o .objs30\src\disassemblydlg.o .objs30\src\dlgabout.o .objs30\src\dlgaboutplugin.o .objs30\src\editkeywordsdlg.o .objs30\src\editorconfigurationdlg.o .objs30\src\environmentsettingsdlg.o .objs30\src\examinememorydlg.o .objs30\src\find_replace.o .objs30\src\infopane.o .objs30\src\main.o .objs30\src\notebookstyles.o .objs30\src\printdlg.o .objs30\src\projectdepsdlg.o .objs30\src\projectmanagerui.o .objs30\src\projectoptionsdlg.o .objs30\src\recentitemslist.o .objs30\src\scriptconsole.o .objs30\src\scriptingsettingsdlg.o .objs30\src\splashscreen.o .objs30\src\startherepage.o .objs30\src\switcherdlg.o .objs30\src\threadsdlg.o .objs30\src\virtualbuildtargetsdlg.o .objs30\src\watchesdlg.o  .objs30\src\resources\resources.res -Wl,--enable-auto-import -Wl,--no-undefined  -lcodeblocks -lexchndl -lshfolder -lkernel32 -luser32 -lgdi32 -lcomdlg32 -lwinspool -lwinmm -lcomctl32 -lodbc32 -lole32 -loleaut32 -luuid -lrpcrt4 -ladvapi32 -lwsock32 -lwxmsw30u -mwindows
D:/ProgramFiles/CodeBlocks/MinGW/bin/../lib/gcc/mingw32/4.9.2/../../../../mingw32/bin/ld.exe: cannot find -lexchndl
collect2.exe: error: ld returned 1 exit status
Process terminated with status 1 (0 minute(s), 3 second(s))
2 error(s), 0 warning(s) (0 minute(s), 3 second(s))

Offline BlueHazzard

• Developer
  • Lives here!
« Reply #6 on: April 05, 2016, 10:05:08 am »
The library should be there...
Where did you get the source? Retry to download the source from sourceforge. Are you sure that your anti virus software has deleted or blocked this dll?

Offline Polarix

« Reply #7 on: April 05, 2016, 10:42:58 am »
Where did you get the source? Retry to download the source from sourceforge. Are you sure that your anti virus software has deleted or blocked this dll?
I got the source code at CodeBlocks Homepage's Download\Source tab: http://www.codeblocks.org/downloads/source
the codeblocks_16.01.tar.gz link.
this source has some problem? or I have to get sourcce form SVN?

Offline stahta01

• Lives here!
    • My Best Post
« Reply #8 on: April 05, 2016, 03:31:51 pm »
I got the source code at CodeBlocks Homepage's Download\Source tab: http://www.codeblocks.org/downloads/source

That source does NOT contain the Windows Binary DLLs; likely because it is normally used by the Linux people.

Check it out from SVN would be my suggestion.

Tim S.
C Programmer working to learn more about C++ and Git.
On Windows 7 64 bit and Windows 10 64 bit.
--
When in doubt, read the CB WiKi FAQ. http://wiki.codeblocks.org

Offline Polarix

« Reply #9 on: April 05, 2016, 04:15:30 pm »

Thank you, I will try it again.
That source does NOT contain the Windows Binary DLLs; likely because it is normally used by the Linux people.

Tim S.

Offline Polarix

« Reply #10 on: April 06, 2016, 02:38:29 am »

Tim S.

Yes, The lib is existed in source form SVN, Thank you.