Author Topic: Windows 10  (Read 2747 times)

Offline O-san

• Multiple posting newcomer
    • OddGames
Windows 10
« on: February 16, 2016, 10:07:41 pm »
I am having difficulties running codeblocks 16.01+GNU GCC+gdb. When debugging or just running my project it sometimes freezes up Win10 (all worked fine in Win7 with same computer configuration and antivirus). The only way to continue working is by doing a hard reset and hope that the project starts the next time. I am able to run the same project on another machine with windows 8 installed (same antivirus).

Some Windows functionality seem to work after a freeze such as the mouse cursor and the hover graphics of the quick launch. However I am unable to start/shutdown/minimize any programs, bring up the task manager, ctrl+alt+del, win+x, use the keyboard etc.

The log says nothing beyond Child process PID: 4824. The projects main window shows up without any content.

Running other applications such as blender, audacity etc. has not caused any freezing.

Any help appreciated.
« Last Edit: February 16, 2016, 10:09:40 pm by O-san »

Offline O-san

• OddGames
Re: Windows 10
« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2016, 04:02:04 pm »
Seems to have been caused by the antivirus (avast), if I disable all services the freezing stops. Strange that the same antivirus works with both win7 and 8.1.

CHAOS-THEORY

« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2016, 06:15:24 pm »
Try adding an exception to CB

Edit: Removed non-English content.
« Last Edit: February 20, 2016, 05:03:18 pm by MortenMacFly »

Offline O-san

• OddGames
« Reply #3 on: February 20, 2016, 11:30:21 am »
Thanks for the reply! Yes, I have excludes already but it don't seem to affect win10.

Offline Quiss

« Reply #4 on: February 20, 2016, 02:05:10 pm »
For Avast Internet Securirty, go to "Settings->Active Protection->File System Shield ... Customize->Exclusions" and try to add the following folders on your computer:

\TDM-GCC-32\* (GCC executable)
\wxWidgets-3.0.2\* (if you have)
\wxMSW-2.8.12\* (if you have)
\Codeblocks\* (Codeblocks executable)

And also the folder of your project. If you create a top "Projects" folder and add it to the exclusion list, then you won't have to add every new project folder to it again and again.