Developer forums (C::B DEVELOPMENT STRICTLY!) > Contributions to C::B

Build for Mac OS X - offer to help and request for help

(1/4) > >>

federix:
Hi all,

I'd be interested in building Code::Blocks for Mac OS X and sharing the results with the community here, but I have incurred in one issue (so far) while building

directorymonitor.cpp:27:10: fatal error: 'fam.h' file not found
#include <fam.h> //USES EITHER GAMIN OR FAM (IDENTICAL FILE MONITORING APIS)

Have I missed a requirement? Also, I was reading on the web that FAM is old and unmaintained. Are you using Gamin instead? Do you I have to install it on Mac OS X? Anybody know how? I did a quick search and it does not seem trivial...

Thanks

Fed

federix:
Ok, so I managed to move forward in the compile process by leaving out a couple of plugins...

-FileManager,-NassiShneiderman

The FileManager one just needs an implementation of the DirectoryMonitor.cpp file that uses FS Events API from Mac OS X. Also, I think it may be a good idea to write an abstraction of that class to use iNotify instead of FAM/Gamin, so that then FS Events API and the Windows directory notification (https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/windows/desktop/aa365261(v=vs.85).aspx) can be easily implemented on top of that abstraction.

For the NassiShneiderman plugin, I have no idea tbh  ;D

Unfortunately though I got this problem that I cannot move forward from

--- Code: ---Making all in wxspellchecker
depbase=`echo ../HunspellInterface.lo | sed 's|[^/]*$|.deps/&|;s|\.lo$||'`; \
if /bin/sh ../../../../../libtool --tag=CXX --mode=compile g++ -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -I. -I. -I../../../../../src/include  -I/usr/local/lib/wx/include/osx_cocoa-unicode-3.0 -I/usr/local/include/wx-3.0 -D_FILE_OFFSET_BITS=64 -DwxDEBUG_LEVEL=0 -DWXUSINGDLL -D__WXMAC__ -D__WXOSX__ -D__WXOSX_COCOA__   -I./include -I./.. -I../../../../../src/sdk/wxscintilla/include -ansi -DTIXML_USE_STL  -O2 -ffast-math -DCB_AUTOCONF -std=c++11 -DCB_PRECOMP -Winvalid-pch -fPIC -DPIC -fexceptions -DHUNSPELL_STATIC -MT ../HunspellInterface.lo -MD -MP -MF "$depbase.Tpo" -c -o ../HunspellInterface.lo ../HunspellInterface.cpp; \
then mv -f "$depbase.Tpo" "$depbase.Plo"; else rm -f "$depbase.Tpo"; exit 1; fi
libtool: compile:  g++ -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -I. -I. -I../../../../../src/include -I/usr/local/lib/wx/include/osx_cocoa-unicode-3.0 -I/usr/local/include/wx-3.0 -D_FILE_OFFSET_BITS=64 -DwxDEBUG_LEVEL=0 -DWXUSINGDLL -D__WXMAC__ -D__WXOSX__ -D__WXOSX_COCOA__ -I./include -I./.. -I../../../../../src/sdk/wxscintilla/include -ansi -DTIXML_USE_STL -O2 -ffast-math -DCB_AUTOCONF -std=c++11 -DCB_PRECOMP -Winvalid-pch -fPIC -DPIC -fexceptions -DHUNSPELL_STATIC -MT ../HunspellInterface.lo -MD -MP -MF ../.deps/HunspellInterface.Tpo -c ../HunspellInterface.cpp  -fno-common -DPIC -o ../.libs/HunspellInterface.o
../HunspellInterface.cpp:19:10: fatal error: 'hunspell/hunspell.hxx' file not found
#include "hunspell/hunspell.hxx"
         ^

--- End code ---

Can't see why it cannot find the include for hunspell.hxx, it's definitely there. Could it be a ./configure issue?

Thx

federix:
For this file

CodeBlocks/src/plugins/contrib/SpellChecker/HunspellInterface.cpp

it seems like the following include path is missing

-I../hunspell/src

from the g++ command to make it work...

Weird!

F

Easior Lars:
For NassiShneiderman and SpellChecker plugins, you could brew install pkg-config, boost and hunspell by homebrew. Anyway, there are more discussions on how to build CB on Mac OS at http://forums.codeblocks.org/index.php/topic,20882.0.html.

dkulp:

For my command line builds, I'm doing:

--- Code: ---export CXXFLAGS="-stdlib=libc++ -std=c++11 -mmacosx-version-min=10.7"
  export OBJCXXFLAGS="-stdlib=libc++ -std=c++11"
  export CPPFLAGS="-mmacosx-version-min=10.7"

export LDFLAGS="-stdlib=libc++ -mmacosx-version-min=10.7 -Wl,-headerpad_max_install_names"
  export CXX=clang++
  export CXXCPP="clang++ -E"
  export CC=clang
  export CPP="clang -E"

./configure --prefix=/Users/dkulp/Applications/codeblocks --with-contrib-plugins=all,-FileManager,-NassiShneiderman,-spellchecker

--- End code ---

The maxosx-version-min is needed to run on the older OSX's.   The headerpad is needed to be able to repackage some of the plugins in the .app.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version