Author Topic: Empty Terminal upon building and running  (Read 3360 times)

Arghoslent6

Empty Terminal upon building and running
« on: December 08, 2015, 12:07:55 am »
Hello everyone, new to the forum, and to the programming world, I am currently enrolled in a first year C programming course in College so be gentle regarding my shortcomings, lack of knowledge, or any missteps of netiquette.

The current problem I am facing is as stated in the title of the thread. I had tried several different pieces of code, from simple, to more complex. I initially had problems getting the compiler to work, but I was finally able to get GCC to work with code blocks. The problem is, when I build and run, although a terminal window pops up, it remains blank. All the pieces of code I have used are correct and do compile as I they are old labs from my C programming class.

This is a snapshot of a piece of code I have used, and the blank screen in question (although im pretty sure everyone has seen this): http://imgur.com/gI5J2ln

I have searched google for a solution as well as the forums without any solution to the problem. If someone were to help me solve this problem, it would be much appreciated.

Thank you

-A

My friend is also in the c programming class and uses code blocks, he also uses GCC, and has no problem, so there is no issue in that regard.

Offline BlueHazzard

• Developer
  • Lives here!
Re: Empty Terminal upon building and running
« Reply #1 on: December 08, 2015, 12:32:10 am »
« Last Edit: December 08, 2015, 12:42:04 am by BlueHazzard »