Author Topic: Code Blocks 64bit  (Read 10670 times)

Offline Hunteerq

• Single posting newcomer
Code Blocks 64bit
« on: November 28, 2015, 09:41:36 pm »
Hey,
I would like to enquire about CodeBlocks 64bit. I've got problem with SFML library, I've got 64bit Windows 10 system I installed codeblocks and 64bit SFML and I encouter an error which says that I am using wrong architecture, because I am running 32 bit CodeBlocks, when I am changing SFML to 32 bit, then I can see almost same error, but this says I have to run 64bit SFML, because I've go 64bit CPU. How could I download 64 bit codeblocks with mingw?(installator is installing 32 bit by default)
I am looking forward for answers.

Best,
Hunteerq

Offline pirx67

• Multiple posting newcomer
Re: Code Blocks 64bit
« Reply #1 on: November 28, 2015, 11:51:31 pm »
Hi,

unfortunately you didn't state which version / archive variant of Code::BLocks you did install. I guess you went with the default installer codeblocks-13.12mingw-setup.exe. That is a 32-bit Code::Blocks that is accompanied with a 32-bit MinGW GCC that in turn generates 32-bit executables.

But I think to solve your problem you don't need neither a Code::Blocks (the IDE) nor a MinGW GCC (the compiler that is called by the IDE) which were built themselves as 64-bit executables. What you need is a compiler that is built/configured to generate 64-bit target executables. And it can perfectly do that even if the compiler itself is a 32-bit executable.

A compiler that is recommended by fellow people on this forum for Windows projects is TDM-GCC which is a variant of MinGW.  For further information you could refer to this http://forums.codeblocks.org/index.php/topic,20382.msg138742.html post.

I think you should install TDM-GCC in the variant that can generate 64-bit executables and then install Code::Blocks from an installation archive / installer that only installs Code::Blocks itself
without any compiler.

Then you configure Code::Blocks to use the TDM-GCC (should be possible to autodetect that).

A possible installer without a compiler would be codeblocks-13.12-setup.exe from the default download page.
But it's rather old. You may want to use a more recent release then use a nightly build. See also
http://forums.codeblocks.org/index.php/topic,20724.0.html for more information
on nightly builds.

I hope that shows a path to the solution of your problem. And I also hope that I did understand
your problem correctly.

pirx67
« Last Edit: November 28, 2015, 11:54:15 pm by pirx67 »

Offline Hunteerq

• Single posting newcomer
Re: Code Blocks 64bit
« Reply #2 on: November 29, 2015, 02:47:01 am »
Thank you so much for that solution.
Have a nice day,
Hunteerq