Author Topic: The 21 November 2015 build (10595) is out.  (Read 22777 times)

Offline killerbot

• Administrator
  • Lives here!
The 21 November 2015 build (10595) is out.
« on: November 21, 2015, 02:05:39 pm »
Get quick announcements through the RSS feed http://www.codeblocks.org/nightly/CodeBlock_RSS.xml

Before you use a nightly make sure you understand how it works.

A link to the unicode windows wxWidget dll for Code::Blocks : http://sourceforge.net/projects/codeblocks/files/Binaries/Nightlies/Prerequisites/wxmsw28u_gcc_cb_wx2812_gcc492-TDM.7z

For those who might need this one (when no MingW installed on your system) : the mingw10m.dll : http://sourceforge.net/projects/codeblocks/files/Binaries/Nightlies/Prerequisites/mingwm10_gcc492-TDM.7z

The 21 November 2015 build is out.
  - Windows :
   http://sourceforge.net/projects/codeblocks/files/Binaries/Nightlies/2015/CB_20151121_rev10595_win32.7z
  - Linux :
   none

The current SDK version is : 1.29.0

Resolved Fixed:

• new version of crash handler (exchndl): more resiliency against truncated PE files and log message when loading symbols
  • project options manipulator plugin: support replacements of (existing) custom vars, based on patch #253 by bluehazzard
  • astyle plugin: fixed saving some options did not work, based on patch #183 by Li Minggang
  • astyle update to v2.0.6pre (required due to license change)
  • Header Fixup plugin: applied patch #235: Partial STL completion by Morwenn
  • applied patch #102 wxSmithPlot plugin fix by wekn eve iknvwnv
  • applied patch #147 'Add file(s)' doesn't account for all generated files for all target's compilers by scarphin
  • fixed serious bug #249 Custom build commands broken by nonsensical quotes (macros handling)
  • assign CRTL+P to the "Print" command by default (why wasn't this the case in the first place?!)
  • updated to (wx)scintilla v3.6.2, still no joy...

Regressions/Confirmed/Annoying/Common bugs:

Offline eckard_klotz

• Almost regular
    Re: The 21 November 2015 build (10595) is out.
    « Reply #1 on: December 01, 2015, 02:10:38 pm »
    Hello All.

I'm missing the compiler options for the build suite of normal not CPU specific gnu gcc. If I change the compile  for example to a microsoft or borland compiler the option pane is full of check-boxes but once I change back to gnu the pane is empty again. CPU specific gnu compilers are showing the options also.

It is the same, if I try to edit the options not for the project but in the compiler-settings over the settings nenu.

There is a note that I should right click to set-up or edit the compiler options but nothing happens.

This happens with this build of code-blocks but also with older ones (I tested it back until revision 10528) on win 8.1.
    I have attached my default.conf

I hope this is just a bug between my ears so thanks for your tips.

Best regards,
                       Eckard.

Offline eckard_klotz

• Almost regular
    « Reply #2 on: December 01, 2015, 04:18:15 pm »
    Hello again.

In the meanwhile I have tested it on win 7 and there this problem does not occur.

Best regards,
                        Eckard.

Offline qtreez

• Multiple posting newcomer
    « Reply #3 on: December 01, 2015, 07:34:12 pm »
    Windows 7
    When CB is runned with privileged rights I can't open source files by drag and drop nor by context menu.
    With context menu following message box is showed:
    "Another instance of CB is running..."
    edit:
    not occuring when disable UAC.

#2 less annoying
    #include<limits> vs #include <limits>
    With first case (no whitespace) in editor, in context menu, option Open "filename_of_header.h" is not visible. Also with " ". limits header is only sample, not single case.
    « Last Edit: December 01, 2015, 08:01:41 pm by qtreez »

Offline eckard_klotz

• Almost regular
    « Reply #4 on: December 01, 2015, 08:17:17 pm »
    Hello again.

After some searching I found the following post http://forums.codeblocks.org/index.php/topic,19196.msg131342.html#msg131342.

Thus I searched for the file "options_gcc.xml" and changed its extension from ".xml" to "._xml_". After this change the compiler-options for the gnu-compiler are visible again;

the attached zip-file contains the file "options_gcc.xml".

As "Sagaceil" i have duplicated the compiler configuration in  the compiler-settings to use a DW2 installation of the gnu compiler also. After copiing it I renamed it and changed the executables. I hope you will find some details about in the "default.conf" attached before.

Best regards,
                        Eckard.

Offline raynebc

• Almost regular
    « Reply #5 on: December 01, 2015, 11:53:50 pm »
    Windows 7
    When CB is runned with privileged rights I can't open source files by drag and drop nor by context menu.
    With context menu following message box is showed:
    "Another instance of CB is running..."
    edit:
    not occuring when disable UAC.
    This is a Windows limitation.

Offline oBFusCATed

• Developer
    • Lives here!
    « Reply #6 on: December 02, 2015, 04:35:39 am »
    As "Sagaceil" i have duplicated the compiler configuration in  the compiler-settings to use a DW2 installation of the gnu compiler also. After copiing it I renamed it and changed the executables. I hope you will find some details about in the "default.conf" attached before.
    Can you try to execute the same steps again and see if you can reproduce the problem?
    <debugger plugin maintainer>
    (most of the time I ignore long posts)
    [strangers don't send me private messages, I'll ignore them; post a topic in the forum, but first read the rules!]

Offline eckard_klotz

• Almost regular
    « Reply #7 on: December 02, 2015, 10:19:18 am »
    Hello oBFusCATed.

Sorry I tried but I failed.

• In a first step I renamed the folder CodeBlocks in my User\AppData\Roaming Folder to force C::B to create a new one.
    • Than I opened C::B and copied in the settings the configuration of the GNU GCC Compiler and renamed the copy to GNU GCC Compiler DW2.
    • After that I rerouted the root-folder of the compiler manually
    • Finally I searched new executables, since in a DW2 installation the binaries-names end with -dw2.

Between every step I closed C::B and opened it again to check when the effect occurs. But nothing happened. Furthermore the new roaming folder contains no compilers folder animore.

It was long ago when I added the new build-suite, so it may be that an older release created the defect and since I didn't changed the compiler-options after that until now, I have not recognized what happened. But I think I have still nearly all older Nightlies. So If you know until which revision this changes result in an folder named compilers in User\AppData\Roaming I may try it out with that version.

Unfortunately after my yesterdays post I pressed the wrong button, when Windows asked me to install Win10, what means now I have no Win 8.1 animore. But after changing to Win10 the failure was still present and I renamed the file options_gcc.xml after installing Win10 to solve the problem.

To reproduce the failure I also tried some other reconfigurations of the compiler but also without reproducing the effect.
    Sorry for being not helpful. But perhaps the analysis of my both files may give you a hint what kind of manipulation may be worth to try it out. In this case please tell me. 

Best regards,
                        Eckard.

« Last Edit: December 02, 2015, 10:26:54 am by eckard_klotz »

Offline Scr3amer

« Reply #8 on: December 04, 2015, 12:07:18 am »
    Hello guys,

I am back for some news : I might confirm some bugs I suspected one month ago.

By the way, I had this compiler flags pane bug too with Win8.1 x64 Pro and the nightly of October. I did not play with compilers with the last nightly so no bug yet.

For the bugs I suspected, it concerns CC and MinGW auto set macros. I will say bug but maybe I am wrong and I just misused the IDE.
    First Bug
    I use MinGW 4.9.2 x86 dw2 POSIX (the one with Qt) but these bugs happens even with other versions (like the 4.7.1 TDM) and the build I use is 10595.
    When I set a project to be C++11 in build options, i check the C++11 flag in the root build options.
    But when I start to write __cpluplus and use CC, it says that the value is still 199711L so the c++11 features are not present in CC.
    I tried to save the project, reparse it or even close and reload the project. The bug is still here.

The only workaround I found is to close C::B and restart the whole software to have the right value 201103L, the good macros conditions and have c++11 features in CC.

Second bug
    When I use predefined macros, CC does not process properly the conditions.
    It says for example that __WIN32__ = 1 or __WIN32 = 1
    but when I write
    #ifdef __WIN32
       foo();
    #endif

The foo is still grayed, disabled. (of course the compilation works fine). But this time I did not find a 'good' workaround. I have to redefine the macro in custom defines tab, which is ugly :p ... And I have to close-reopen the project so that CC take in account the new defines.

Here are the screens for the C++11 issue but as you can see it is a more general bug with macro definitions, I will add screens for __WIN32 in another answer as we are limited to 2 screens per post :

Offline Scr3amer

« Reply #9 on: December 04, 2015, 12:08:40 am »
    The win32 bug screenshots, macros exist, have a value (which implies they are defined) but still grayed ...
    « Last Edit: December 04, 2015, 12:10:14 am by Scr3amer »

Offline Scr3amer

« Reply #10 on: December 04, 2015, 12:12:11 am »
    I forgot something, there is another tiny bug but an easy workaround : sometimes the CC popup is cropped, but you just have to reopen it to fix that.

Offline Andy356

• Single posting newcomer
    « Reply #11 on: December 08, 2015, 10:06:29 pm »
    Hi. I just updated to the latest nightly from Jens' Debian repo. The moment I did and ran Codeblocks, a message appeared saying:

One or more plugins were not loaded. This usually happens when a plugin is built for a different version of the Codeblocks SDK. Check the application log for more info.

List of failed plugins:

libwxsmithcontribitems.so

This is confusing, because both this and the last nightly state that the current SDK version is 1.29.0

What should I do? I don't know how to check the application log.

Offline linuser42

« Reply #12 on: December 10, 2015, 12:32:30 am »
    One or more plugins were not loaded. This usually happens when a plugin is built for a different version of the Codeblocks SDK. Check the application log for more info.

List of failed plugins:

I have the same warning when opening, I'm using builds from https://launchpad.net/~damien-moore/+archive/ubuntu/codeblocks, on Ubuntu MATE 15.10

Offline jens

• Administrator
    • Lives here!
      • Jens' unofficial debian-repository for the Code::Blocks - IDE
    « Reply #13 on: December 10, 2015, 06:21:48 am »
    Hi. I just updated to the latest nightly from Jens' Debian repo. The moment I did and ran Codeblocks, a message appeared saying:

List of failed plugins:

This is confusing, because both this and the last nightly state that the current SDK version is 1.29.0

What should I do? I don't know how to check the application log.
    Which revision is it ? 10611 ?
    I will look into it as soon as possible.
    Can you start C::B from a console with the -v switch, to get a more meaningful error-message ?

Offline jens

• Administrator
    • Lives here!
      • Jens' unofficial debian-repository for the Code::Blocks - IDE
    « Reply #14 on: December 10, 2015, 07:50:01 am »
    [Which revision is it ? 10611 ?
    I will look into it as soon as possible.
    The actual revision on my server (10611) works fine on my jessie VM.