Author Topic: lost "current method" toolbar  (Read 5549 times)

Offline oBFusCATed

• Developer
  • Lives here!
    • Travis build status
Re: lost "current method" toolbar
« Reply #15 on: November 12, 2015, 09:00:00 pm »
So you're telling us that the second combobox is of screen and is not next to the <global> one?
And if you move the toolbar one row down it will show? Can you show a screenshot for this case, too?
(most of the time I ignore long posts)
[strangers don't send me private messages, I'll ignore them; post a topic in the forum, but first read the rules!]

Offline rjl

• Multiple posting newcomer
« Reply #16 on: November 12, 2015, 09:14:05 pm »
> So you're telling us that the second combobox is of screen and is not next to the <global> one?

No. As the picture shows, there is no 2nd combo box.

> And if you move the toolbar one row down it will show?

Yes. but only if I restart CB.

> Can you show a screenshot for this case, too?

Trust me.  :)

Offline oBFusCATed

• Developer
  • Lives here!
    • Travis build status
« Reply #17 on: November 12, 2015, 09:56:23 pm »
Trust me.  :)
Ok, I guess I can trust you to build cb and start debugging this yourself.
For me it works fine when they are on single line.

The option to group the two combos is in Settings -> Editor -> Code completion -> Symbol browser -> Toolbar -> Use scope filtering
(most of the time I ignore long posts)
[strangers don't send me private messages, I'll ignore them; post a topic in the forum, but first read the rules!]

Offline Jenna

• Administrator
  • Lives here!
« Reply #18 on: November 12, 2015, 10:23:12 pm »
I can reproduce this (or something similar) with actual trunk of C::B and master of wxWidgets:
No matter which toolbar I move outside the screen, so far that I can not get it back with the mouse, loses it's width and/or content. If I bring them back with "Optimize .." or "Fit toolbars" they only have zero width (only the gripper is visible/existant).

Offline Jenna

• Administrator
  • Lives here!
« Reply #19 on: November 14, 2015, 03:12:26 pm »
The issue with "Fit toolbars" and "Optimize toolbars" should be fixed in trunk (r10566).
To get back the missing dropdown (if it is enabled), it should be enough to call one of these functions.

Elements inside a toolbar, that are not completely inside the mainframe, seem to be hidden with wx3.0 (at least with wxGTK).
The call to GetSize() used in FitToolbars() and OptimizeTooolbars() only returns the visible size, bot the overall size of the overall size of the window, GetBestSize() gives correct results.
And the gripper size has to be taken into account, otherwise parts of the most right toolbar might be hidden and therefore some elements not shown.

Offline rjl

• Multiple posting newcomer
« Reply #20 on: November 14, 2015, 04:37:14 pm »
Thank you, Jens!