Author Topic: windows 8 can't build debug can't find file  (Read 11860 times)

Offline gatolen

• Multiple posting newcomer
Re: windows 8 can't build debug can't find file
« Reply #15 on: October 14, 2015, 10:30:37 pm »
BlueHazzard, I was finally able to get the compiler downloaded and it is auto-detected but had to use the manual gnc installer. Seemed to have worked but the build log doesn't find it
mingw32-g++.exe -Wall -g -march=i486 -I"C:\Documents and Settings\Len\My Documents\cblearn\hello world" -I"C:\Documents and Settings\Len\My Documents\cblearn\tryagain" -I"C:\Documents and Settings\Len\My Documents\cblearn" -c "C:\Documents and Settings\Len\My Documents\cblearn\tryagain\tryagain.cpp" -o obj\Debug\tryagain\tryagain.o
mingw32-g++.exe: error: CreateProcess: No such file or directory
Process terminated with status 1 (0 minute(s), 0 second(s))
1 error(s), 0 warning(s) (0 minute(s), 0 second(s))

Went and did what was suggested in troubleshot compiler problem but still same. I have found the file with explorer myself but the compiler can't. I tried saving as a c and c++ but still same. I'll try the sourceforge.net again but when I tried that way it would always come up about halfway through download with a download unsuccessful. I tried to do as was noted to identify my core system to the compiler also as you see above -march=i486. Thanks so much everyone for your concern. Len

Offline gatolen

« Reply #16 on: October 15, 2015, 01:36:16 am »
Hi all, I unistalled cb and got another download, I made sure it had the Mingw compiler files but still no luck compiling. I did however got one file to build and had no issues but go to run and doesn't find the file. I'll just keep trying. Len

Offline scarphin

• Lives here!
« Reply #17 on: October 15, 2015, 07:43:56 am »
What is the '-march=i486' flag for? What is your architecture?

Can you please try with a project located in a simpler directory, like 'C:\projects\tryagain' or similar and post your build log under code tags ('#' sign in editor).

Offline gatolen

« Reply #18 on: October 17, 2015, 05:24:18 pm »
Thank you all! I was able to get the program running by uninstalling it a couple times getting my GNC installer redownloading twice and reinstalling. Now time to talk to my computer and learn this wonderful
program. You'll probably hear from me again. Thanks all, Len

Offline gatolen

« Reply #19 on: October 18, 2015, 03:14:14 am »
Scarphin, I had tried to identify my processor to the compiler which did not work either.  And yes I did make a very simple path for the compiler which had no better effect.  Uninstalling and reinstalling code blocks worked for  few example programs which was great to see but unfortunately my exe files are now failing. The build is fin but the linking has gone astray. This all maybe related to a Hugh loss of data I had incurred during my original download. I lost 5 gig in that short period of time so my computer maybe compromised. I have I very good working parallax copy so I think it maybe tied to the popup window giving full administrator control to code blocks for my download. In just a matter of 20 minutes my linker now has a glitch. Hope I can overcome these hiccups just looking at the layout and use fullness of code blocks really seems so appealing. I being a baby geek find the pulling call of code blocks. Will keep trying all. Len

Offline BlueHazzard

• Developer
  • Lives here!
« Reply #20 on: October 18, 2015, 05:43:42 pm »
Thank you all! I was able to get the program running by uninstalling it a couple times getting my GNC installer redownloading twice and reinstalling. Now time to talk to my computer and learn this wonderful
program. You'll probably hear from me again. Thanks all, Len
What is "gnc"?

tied to the popup window giving full administrator control to code blocks for my download.
In just a matter of 20 minutes my linker now has a glitch.
why does c::b download files? where do you get your installation file?

It would be easier to help if you post full rebuild logs. All information we need is stored in this log. Only telling us, that you have glitches and corruped files won't help us help you.
OT:  About the corrupt downloads: I think in my last 3 years of Internet usage i never had a corrupt file from downloading, and i used all kind of connections from 56k over ISDN, ADSL and now fiber. How do you (and other) download files? Isn't TCP made for not loosing data? Are you using download manager? Are you checking the md5sums?

greetings

Offline BlueHazzard

• Developer
  • Lives here!
« Reply #21 on: October 18, 2015, 05:45:51 pm »
What is the '-march=i486' flag for? What is your architecture?
Scarphin, I had tried to identify my processor to the compiler which did not work either.
Don't mess with the compiler settings. And if you do, post the full build log. I bet you are not using a processor with i486 architecture....

Offline gatolen

« Reply #22 on: October 18, 2015, 07:11:58 pm »
Hi BlueH, The gnc was a typo gnu was to be there. In the compiler install options during the compiler snaffuu to see if I could direct the install better there is a option to identity the OS system core and that seemed the closest. Now that seems to work, although you maybe right I might remove it but it is working. I'll try to give you the best update on how my install is functioning. I'm using my tablet at a Starbucks now, no airtime left sense that Hugh loss I had during my first install. Okay uninstalled the last code block copy. Still have my GNU Installer on desktop. Reinstalled a fresh copy of code blocks while at this Starbucks. Went through a couple hello world demo writes worked great saved everything from file drop down before leaving. Went to my shop stayed off line and started to open up my first workspace and hello world. Now went to build, just fine, went to run and had the exe. failed. I spent sometime tracing it down found the .o file was located next to the main.c file which was not in the bin file. I think the compiler is working find, tested it on a new project with new main.c and the build was fine. But during the linker phase the .o file is not saved in the obj folder thus the .exe failed statement. I then click on my main.o file, (located next to my main.c file which is not in the
 bin file) and a popup then asks would you like to run cb run console, this maybe a little different I don't have my laptop here, I run the cb console and up comes my program in the command window.
I can modify my hello world then build , all fine, go to run it comes up .exe failed ( I believe linker file not found). Then open up windows explore again, I find the main.o file next to my main.c (not in the
bin file). Click on it, popup says would you like cab console to run file,  yes. Up comes my command
window with the new info added to hello world. I believe when I save file 'hello world' after adding
test words in the program the file is working fine because now the compiler builds correctly from my
source file. Here is where the glitch is the object file does not get saved in the obj folder which I believe is needed for the linker to finish its work. I'll see what data I have left, I paid for extra after that Hugh loss but trying not to have it happen again to me. I'll copy the actual failure message and post it. Thank you for your concern, Len

Offline BlueHazzard

• Developer
  • Lives here!
« Reply #23 on: October 19, 2015, 02:03:26 pm »
You mess things up somewhere. According your long posts, you are speculating something about (what i can read from your posts) you have 0 plan. You can keep trying to fix this by your on, and trying things out (and i think with this, you will learn a lot) or you can let us help you. But we will need the full build log.

TL:DR:
I, and all others can't help you if you don't post the full build log, so i will not provide any help as long as you won't post the full build log...

greetings and happy hacking

Offline gatolen

« Reply #24 on: November 02, 2015, 02:42:28 am »
Hi again ,I am stil at it. Redownloaded the program and I can compile and it runs but the command screen
just turns on for a second then turns off. It does have the Hello world printed on it but is off in less then a second.  I have gone into my gnu program folders and the icons that do open the
command prompt show the same response. Feel I'm getting closer now and will continue my efforts.
The build is as follows:

Building to ensure sources are up-to-date
Selecting target:
Debug
Adding source dir: C:\Users\Len\MDocuments\First Program\
Adding source dir: C:\Users\Len\MDocuments\First Program\
Adding file: C:\Users\Len\MDocuments\First Program\bin\Debug\First Program.exe
Changing directory to: C:/Users/Len/MDOCUM~1/FIRSTP~1/.
Set variable: PATH=.;C:\Program Files (x86)\CodeBlocks\MinGW\bin;C:\Program Files (x86)\CodeBlocks\MinGW;C:\Windows\System32;C:\Windows;C:\Windows\System32\wbem;C:\Windows\System32\WindowsPowerShell\v1.0;C:\Program Files (x86)\ATI Technologies\ATI.ACE\Core-Static;C:\Program Files\Sony\VAIO Improvement;C:\Program Files (x86)\Sony\VAIO Startup Setting Tool;C:\Program Files (x86)\Microchip\xc16\v1.25\bin;C:\Program Files (x86)\Microchip\xc8\v1.35\bin

[debug]Command-line: C:\Program Files (x86)\CodeBlocks\MINGW\bin\gdb.exe -nx -fullname  -quiet  -args C:/Users/Len/MDOCUM~1/FIRSTP~1/bin/Debug/FIRSTP~1.EXE
[debug]Working dir : C:\Users\Len\MDOCUM~1\FIRSTP~1

Starting debugger: C:\Program Files (x86)\CodeBlocks\MINGW\bin\gdb.exe -nx -fullname  -quiet  -args C:/Users/Len/MDOCUM~1/FIRSTP~1/bin/Debug/FIRSTP~1.EXE
done

[debug]> set prompt >>>>>>cb_gdb:

Registered new type: wxString
Registered new type: STL String
Registered new type: STL Vector
Setting breakpoints

[debug]Reading symbols from C:\Users\Len\MDOCUM~1\FIRSTP~1\bin\Debug\FIRSTP~1.EXE...done.
[debug](gdb) >>>>>>cb_gdb:
[debug]> show version
[debug]GNU gdb (GDB) 7.5
[debug]Copyright (C) 2012 Free Software Foundation, Inc.
[debug]License GPLv3+: GNU GPL version 3 or later <http://gnu.org/licenses/gpl.html>
[debug]This is free software: you are free to change and redistribute it.
[debug]There is NO WARRANTY, to the extent permitted by law.  Type "show copying"
[debug]and "show warranty" for details.
[debug]This GDB was configured as "i686-pc-mingw32".
[debug]For bug reporting instructions, please see:
[debug]<http://www.gnu.org/software/gdb/bugs/>.
[debug]>>>>>>cb_gdb:
[debug]> set confirm off

Debugger name and version: GNU gdb (GDB) 7.5

[debug]>>>>>>cb_gdb:
[debug]> set width 0
[debug]>>>>>>cb_gdb:
[debug]> set height 0
[debug]>>>>>>cb_gdb:
[debug]> set breakpoint pending on
[debug]>>>>>>cb_gdb:
[debug]> set print asm-demangle on
[debug]>>>>>>cb_gdb:
[debug]> set unwindonsignal on
[debug]>>>>>>cb_gdb:
[debug]> set print elements 0
[debug]>>>>>>cb_gdb:
[debug]> set new-console on
[debug]>>>>>>cb_gdb:
[debug]> set disassembly-flavor att
[debug]>>>>>>cb_gdb:
[debug]> catch throw
[debug]Function "__cxa_throw" not defined.
[debug]Catchpoint 1 (throw)
[debug]>>>>>>cb_gdb:
[debug]> source C:\Program Files (x86)\CodeBlocks\share\codeblocks/scripts/stl-views-1.0.3.gdb
[debug]>>>>>>cb_gdb:
[debug]> directory C:/Users/Len/MDOCUM~1/FIRSTP~1/
[debug]Source directories searched: C:/Users/Len/MDOCUM~1/FIRSTP~1;$cdir;$cwd
[debug]>>>>>>cb_gdb:
[debug]> tbreak "C:/Users/Len/MDocuments/First Program/main.c:4"
[debug]Temporary breakpoint 2 at 0x40136b: file C:\Users\Len\MDocuments\First Program\main.c, line 4.
[debug]>>>>>>cb_gdb:
[debug]> run
[debug]Starting program: C:\Users\Len\MDOCUM~1\FIRSTP~1\bin\Debug\FIRSTP~1.EXE

Child process PID: 10316

[debug][New Thread 10316.0x2888]
[debug]Temporary breakpoint 2, main () at C:\Users\Len\MDocuments\First Program\main.c:6
[debug]C:\Users\Len\MDocuments\First Program\main.c:6:58:beg:0x40136b
[debug]>>>>>>cb_gdb:

At C:\Users\Len\MDocuments\First Program\main.c:6

[debug]> next
[debug]C:\Users\Len\MDocuments\First Program\main.c:7:89:beg:0x401377
[debug]>>>>>>cb_gdb:

At C:\Users\Len\MDocuments\First Program\main.c:7

[debug]> next
[debug]C:\Users\Len\MDocuments\First Program\main.c:8:104:beg:0x40137c
[debug]>>>>>>cb_gdb:

At C:\Users\Len\MDocuments\First Program\main.c:8

[debug]> next
[debug]0x004010fd in __mingw_CRTStartup ()
[debug]>>>>>>cb_gdb:

In __mingw_CRTStartup () ()

[debug]> bt 30
[debug]#0  0x004010fd in __mingw_CRTStartup ()
[debug]#1  0x76660e60 in msvcrt!__setlc_active () from C:\Windows\SysWOW64\msvcrt.dll
[debug]#2  0x777fac69 in ?? ()
[debug]#3  0x777fac3c in ?? ()
[debug]#4  0x00000000 in ?? ()
[debug]>>>>>>cb_gdb:
[debug]> next
[debug]Single stepping until exit from function __mingw_CRTStartup,
[debug]which has no line number information.
[debug]0x0040670c in ExitProcess@4 ()
[debug]>>>>>>cb_gdb:

In ExitProcess@4 () ()

[debug]> bt 30
[debug]#0  0x0040670c in ExitProcess@4 ()
[debug]#1  0x0040110c in __mingw_CRTStartup ()
[debug]#2  0x00000000 in ?? ()
[debug]>>>>>>cb_gdb:
[debug]> next
[debug]Single stepping until exit from function ExitProcess@4,
[debug]0x76b839e4 in KERNEL32!GetCurrentApplicationUserModelId () from C:\Windows\SysWOW64\kernel32.dll
[debug]>>>>>>cb_gdb:

In KERNEL32!GetCurrentApplicationUserModelId () (C:\Windows\SysWOW64\kernel32.dll)

[debug]> bt 30
[debug]#0  0x76b839e4 in KERNEL32!GetCurrentApplicationUserModelId () from C:\Windows\SysWOW64\kernel32.dll
[debug]>>>>>>cb_gdb:
[debug]> next
[debug]Single stepping until exit from function KERNEL32!GetCurrentApplicationUserModelId,
[debug]0x7780084a in ?? ()
[debug]>>>>>>cb_gdb:

In ?? () ()

[debug]> bt 30
[debug]#0  0x7780084a in ?? ()
[debug]>>>>>>cb_gdb:
[debug]> next
[debug]Cannot find bounds of current function
[debug]>>>>>>cb_gdb:

Cannot find bounds of current function

[debug]> next
[debug]>>>>>>cb_gdb:

[debug]> next
[debug]>>>>>>cb_gdb:

[debug]> next
[debug]>>>>>>cb_gdb:

[debug]> next
[debug]>>>>>>cb_gdb:

[debug]> next
[debug]>>>>>>cb_gdb:

[debug]> next
[debug]>>>>>>cb_gdb:

[debug]> next
[debug]>>>>>>cb_gdb:

[debug]> next
[debug]>>>>>>cb_gdb:

[debug]> next
[debug]>>>>>>cb_gdb:

[debug]> next
[debug]>>>>>>cb_gdb:

[debug]> next
[debug]>>>>>>cb_gdb:

[debug]> next
[debug]>>>>>>cb_gdb:

[debug]> next
[debug]>>>>>>cb_gdb:

[debug]> next
[debug]>>>>>>cb_gdb:

[debug]> next
[debug]>>>>>>cb_gdb:

[debug]> next
[debug]>>>>>>cb_gdb:

[debug]> next
[debug]>>>>>>cb_gdb:

[debug]> next
[debug]>>>>>>cb_gdb:

[debug]> next
[debug]>>>>>>cb_gdb:

Continuing...

[debug]> cont
[debug]Continuing.
[debug][Inferior 1 (process 10316) exited normally]
[debug]>>>>>>cb_gdb:

[Inferior 1 (process 10316) exited normally]

[debug]> quit

Debugger finished with status 0

Offline gatolen

« Reply #25 on: November 02, 2015, 03:04:13 am »
Hi again, I made another attempt at it and both the build and debugger messages cleaned up. still have the flash of the command window the nothing.

Checking for existence: C:\Users\Len\MDocuments\okay2\bin\Debug\okay2.exe
Executing: "C:\Users\Len\MDocuments\okay2\bin\Debug\okay2.exe"  (in C:\Users\Len\MDocuments\okay2\.)
Process terminated with status 0 (0 minute(s), 0 second(s))

Offline BlueHazzard

• Developer
  • Lives here!
« Reply #26 on: November 02, 2015, 08:05:45 am »
Finally something like a log....
Your program runs fine, but it seems that you are not using the console runner. So if you only print a line and then return from your program it will close fast, because it is finished... You can prevent this behaviour by:
1) Running it trough the cmd
2) add a "cin.get()" at the end

greetings

PS if you have to post a log again, please post it in code tags (the # symbol in the new post editor)

Offline gatolen

« Reply #27 on: November 05, 2015, 05:30:35 pm »
Great Bluehazzard, Up and coding, fantastic!!! Great to have help. Making new files under one project
now I'll have to learn the build request it seems I have to uncheck the debug and release on the file I don't want to build to run the new added file. Studying the build process and having fun with this.
Thanks to all advanced geeks out there. Signed geek under training.