Author Topic: Where do I change the color (colour) of comments in the editor  (Read 10874 times)

Offline papagym

• Multiple posting newcomer
Where do I change the color (colour) of comments in the editor
« on: September 01, 2015, 08:35:32 pm »
Help,
The comments (// or /* ) in my editor are almost unreadable and I'd like to change the color so I can see them better.  Can someone please tell me how to do this in CB?  I assume you have to do this with settings>editor but I don't know how. Please suggest a good comment color too.

Offline oBFusCATed

• Developer
  • Lives here!
    • Travis build status
Re: Where do I change the color (colour) of comments in the editor
« Reply #1 on: September 01, 2015, 08:54:40 pm »
Settings -> Editor -> Syntax highlighting
(most of the time I ignore long posts)
[strangers don't send me private messages, I'll ignore them; post a topic in the forum, but first read the rules!]

Offline papagym

• Multiple posting newcomer
« Reply #2 on: September 06, 2015, 02:23:38 am »
Thank you for the quick reply oBFusCATed.

For the benefit of other new users. I'll take this one step further and tell them how to change the color of comments (normal).

On the C::B main menu click on Settings>editor>Syntax Highlighting (in left margin)
click on comment(normal) and then click on the grey colored rectangle.  A screen of colors will pop up. choose the color you like and your done.  You can go back to the default color by clicking on the D beside the colored rectangle.

Offline oBFusCATed

• Developer
  • Lives here!
    • Travis build status
« Reply #3 on: September 06, 2015, 09:56:05 am »
You can go back to the default color by clicking on the D beside the colored rectangle.
This is wrong. Clicking this button means that you'll use the color set for the default field.
This button doesn't reset the colour to its default value.
There is the "Reset defaults" button at the bottom that does this, but I think it will reset all colours.
(most of the time I ignore long posts)
[strangers don't send me private messages, I'll ignore them; post a topic in the forum, but first read the rules!]