Author Topic: Running within C:B results in "Entry Point Not Found" error, but NOT outside C:B  (Read 2453 times)

Offline quiznoserf

• Single posting newcomer
I have had to re-install C:B recently due to an unrelated event.  After reinstall, I returned to a program that I had written and it compiles without errors or warnings, but when I attempt to run it, I get "The procedure entry point g_bytes_ref could not be located in the dynamic link library libglib-2.0-0.dll"  Interestingly, I can run the compiled program outside of C:B.  (I am forced to install both C:B and MinGW in non-default locations.)  Is there an environment variable that I have overlooked, perhaps?

Offline oBFusCATed

• Developer
  • Lives here!
    • Travis build status
When you run a program from inside cb it modifies the path variable to include all library search path locations.
So if there is a libglib-2.0-0.dll in one of these locations that is incompatible you might have this problem.

Search your disk for libglib-2.0-0.dll and see if the correct version of this dll is used.
(most of the time I ignore long posts)
[strangers don't send me private messages, I'll ignore them; post a topic in the forum, but first read the rules!]

Offline quiznoserf

Thanks for your prompt reply, oBFusCATed.  So, for further clarification, exactly which path variable does cb modify and where does it look for 'all library search path locations.'  I think that if I understood this better, I could get to the bottom of this more quickly.  Thanks.

Offline oBFusCATed

• Developer
  • Lives here!
    • Travis build status
The variable is %PATH%, the location is project -> build options -> search directories -> linker.
It also uses the global compiler search directories. See Settings -> Compiler -> You compiler.
(most of the time I ignore long posts)
[strangers don't send me private messages, I'll ignore them; post a topic in the forum, but first read the rules!]

Offline quiznoserf

Okay.  Found it--had an older copy installed in my MinGW installation.