Author Topic: No line-highlighting anymore??  (Read 3661 times)

Flesym

No line-highlighting anymore??
« on: January 19, 2006, 12:41:59 pm »
Hi!

I've just updated to revision 1804 and am now a little bit confused. -Is the option of highlighting breakpoint-, debugger- and errorlines removed? And when this is true - why? Ok, breakpoints and errors are marked at the left margin, but there is no such mark for the current debugger-line. As I can see in the output and watches the debugger still does work, but without any mark it is really hard to follow. Additionally, the entries for this are no more within the "Editor->Colors->Settings." Did I something wrong, is this by design or just a bug? I liked this feature very much, although I had chosen less flashy default colors, but that's just a matter of taste.

Oh, and another thing: When the debugger reaches a breakpoint, the editor-view doesn't jump automatically to this position....

-flesym

Offline mandrav

• Project Leader
  • Administrator
  • Lives here!
    • Code::Blocks IDE
Re: No line-highlighting anymore??
« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2006, 01:03:53 pm »
It's not a bug, these have been removed. As you correctly noticed they now appear in the markers margin.
About the debugger active line, give us more info (always do that) like the OS you 're running, the (full) filename that the active line is not highlighted, etc.
Be patient!
This bug will be fixed soon...

Flesym

« Reply #2 on: January 19, 2006, 01:24:34 pm »
Oh yes, you're right - I forgot my system-specs, so here it is: I'm using Linux, Ubuntu 5.10 (breezy). About the filename, in fact I don't think that it has something to do with that, because I tried several projects with quite different names and it doesn't work with any. But if it helps, one example that I also tried is:
/home/myself/Projects/codeblocks/test/main.cpp

This is just a basic console-application with nothing more than this file an a short main-func in it.

-flesym

Offline mandrav

• Project Leader
  • Administrator
  • Lives here!
    • Code::Blocks IDE
« Reply #3 on: January 19, 2006, 02:20:18 pm »
That's why I asked you. Active debugger line doesn't work in linux. I plan to fix it later today.
Be patient!
This bug will be fixed soon...

Flesym

« Reply #4 on: January 19, 2006, 02:31:46 pm »
Ok, thank you! -I will be patient...

bye
    -flesym