Author Topic: Help needed with fresh C:B Windows 7 64bit install with WinGW-64  (Read 2850 times)

Offline papagym

• Multiple posting newcomer
Is there a place to download and install Code::Blocks for Windows 7 (Soon to be Windows 10) system. That includes Code::Blocks, the MinGW-W64 with say TDM's 5.1.0 package all incorporated into one download.  Or maybe a nightly build that comes close.  It should handle both 32 and 64 bit programs.

I tried putting all of this all together and made a big miss of things.  Since there are no instructions to do this from any one. 

TDM's install for 5,1,0 gives you 6 choice in the three boxes but does not say which ones you need for what and for what each one does.  MinGW-W6 could tell you where to install it and if you need to delete the old 32 bit directory.  This may require some work on behalf of all three players teams to do.

Another problem that users like myself have is I have Windows 7 on the C: Drive that is a SSD. In order to save space.  I install ever thing else on my D:\ Drive.  Some programs don't want you to use white spaces in the path.  So how do you work around that?  Even C:\Programs Files (X68)\CodeBlocks uses white spaces.

If you have succeeded in incorporating these things together please provide some details for other users.  Thanks.

Offline stahta01

• Lives here!
    • My Best Post
Re: Help needed with fresh C:B Windows 7 64bit install with WinGW-64
« Reply #1 on: July 29, 2015, 03:34:19 am »
Is there a place to download and install Code::Blocks for Windows 7 (Soon to be Windows 10) system. That includes Code::Blocks, the MinGW-W64 with say TDM's 5.1.0 package all incorporated into one download.  Or maybe a nightly build that comes close.  It should handle both 32 and 64 bit programs.
It is very unlikely that this will happen.

I tried putting all of this all together and made a big miss of things.  Since there are no instructions to do this from any one. 

TDM's install for 5,1,0 gives you 6 choice in the three boxes but does not say which ones you need for what and for what each one does.  MinGW-W6 could tell you where to install it and if you need to delete the old 32 bit directory.  This may require some work on behalf of all three players teams to do.
I suggest asking in his thread for directions; http://forums.codeblocks.org/index.php/topic,20382.0.html

Another problem that users like myself have is I have Windows 7 on the C: Drive that is a SSD. In order to save space.  I install ever thing else on my D:\ Drive.  Some programs don't want you to use white spaces in the path.  So how do you work around that?  Even C:\Programs Files (X68)\CodeBlocks uses white spaces.
I install my compilers in a path with no spaces is how I avoid spaces.
Edit2: I use a path like "C:\Apps32\MinGW" or in your case you might try "C:\Apps64\MinGW".

If you have succeeded in incorporating these things together please provide some details for other users.  Thanks.

I install the Compilers and tell Code::Blocks where to find them.
When, I install compilers I use a path with no spaces and I tell the installer NOT to add the compiler to the system path.

Tim S.
« Last Edit: July 29, 2015, 03:36:40 am by stahta01 »
C Programmer working to learn more about C++ and Git.
On Windows 7 64 bit and Windows 10 64 bit.
--
When in doubt, read the CB WiKi FAQ. http://wiki.codeblocks.org