Author Topic: Logs & Others windows gone  (Read 22443 times)

Offline mvtaylor

• Single posting newcomer
Logs & Others windows gone
« on: July 07, 2015, 08:17:36 am »
New to code blocks but like it a lot.  It is up and running and doing well until I clicked on the x in the upper right hand corner of the logs & others window. I was entering code and wanted a bit more room. I do not know how to get the debug window back. I have looked high and low trying to find a solution. I would appreciate any and all help

Thanks

M Taylor

Offline Jenna

• Administrator
  • Lives here!
Re: Logs & Others windows gone
« Reply #1 on: July 07, 2015, 08:57:31 am »
Please search the form next time!
This has been asked a lot.
Either use "F2" to toggle the "Logs & others"-window, or if it does not work, click on "View -> Logs".

Offline mvtaylor

« Reply #2 on: July 07, 2015, 09:57:33 am »
I do appreciate your help; however, I was trying to get it back to the original state immediately after instillation where the logs and windows was pinned- for lack of a better word- to the program editor and not free floating. I am sorry to bother you again

Mike

Offline Jenna

• Administrator
  • Lives here!
« Reply #3 on: July 07, 2015, 11:21:59 am »
Click on the title, hold the mouse-button down and drag it to the place where you want it until you see a blueish rectangle and drop it there.

Offline mvtaylor

« Reply #4 on: July 07, 2015, 10:38:00 pm »
I have done all that you suggested prior to contacting the forum. I believe that I have not communicated the problem clearly, something that I accept responsibility for, so I will try again.  Immediately after the program was initially installed and prior to me messing things up the main window after a new file was entered, had space where you entered new source code was divided in to two sub windows. The lower sub window contained the debugger. At that point the debugger window was firmly established within the main window and could not be moved except up or down, to divide the space, while still remaining within the larger edit space. Now the entire debugger window can be moved any where on the screen- probably a good feature for multi monitor systems but I really prefer the precious appearance.

Thanks for your patience in this matter and if this can not be fixed I will learn to live with it.

Michael Taylor

Offline stahta01

• Lives here!
    • My Best Post
« Reply #5 on: July 07, 2015, 11:30:28 pm »
Try this to set it back to the default.

View -> Perspective
Delete current

Tim S.

C Programmer working to learn more about C++ and Git.
On Windows 7 64 bit and Windows 10 64 bit.
--
When in doubt, read the CB WiKi FAQ. http://wiki.codeblocks.org

Offline mvtaylor

« Reply #6 on: July 08, 2015, 12:49:59 am »
Thanks a lot. That totally solved the problem. I wish to thank everyone who helped me with this problem.

mvtaylor