Author Topic: use custom makefile  (Read 7090 times)

Offline zkey

• Single posting newcomer
use custom makefile
« on: January 17, 2006, 11:31:55 pm »
Hi,

I'm a new one who decided to give CB a try :)

I have a custom makefile for my wxwidgets project that I want to use. I want to know, how to use that makefile, and disable makefile-generation of CB (if there is any). Everything that I want is to make CB use "make -f mymake.gcc" in my project; don't want (now) to define any libs/includes etc.

Sorry if there already exists a similar topic.

Thanks in advance.

Regards,
zkey
« Last Edit: January 18, 2006, 09:57:28 am by zkey »

Offline rickg22

• Lives here!
Re: use custom makefile
« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2006, 11:35:25 pm »
Yes, it's hidden somewhere inside the project's build options and/or properties. It says something like "Use custom makefile".

Offline tiwag

• Developer
  • Lives here!
  • sailing away ...
    • tiwag.cb
« Reply #2 on: January 17, 2006, 11:40:15 pm »
Project->Properties-> Project-Tab : Makefile:  checkbox "This is a custom Makefile"

not really well hidden  :)

Offline zkey

« Reply #3 on: January 17, 2006, 11:46:51 pm »
Thanks for the answer.

I found that option, typed the name of my makefile and activated the box 'this is a custom makefile', but it seems that it is ignored by CB. Any ideas?

zkey

Offline rickg22

• Lives here!
« Reply #4 on: January 18, 2006, 12:07:15 am »
Ah, if you have that, then you must go to the Compiler Settings, Other, and set the build method to "use makefiles".

Just remember to do it AFTER you have checked on "this is a custom makefile", which you already did.

Offline zkey

« Reply #5 on: January 18, 2006, 12:12:35 am »
Ah, if you have that, then you must go to the Compiler Settings, Other, and set the build method to "use makefiles".

Just remember to do it AFTER you have checked on "this is a custom makefile", which you already did.

Now it works. Thanks a lot!  :)

zkey

Offline Google

« Reply #6 on: March 14, 2008, 06:21:01 pm »

zkey

It does not work for me. I use current version of codeblocks, but the build method listbox is disabled. Any suggestions? Thanks

Offline Abscissa

« Reply #7 on: May 13, 2008, 01:46:15 am »

zkey

It does not work for me. I use current version of codeblocks, but the build method listbox is disabled. Any suggestions? Thanks

I'm having the same problem with C::B v8.02. The Build Method listbox is disabled regardless of compiler, and regardless of the "this is a custom makefile" setting.

Offline itzjac

« Reply #8 on: June 04, 2008, 02:35:32 am »
the same problem, Setting->Compiler and Debuggin settings->Build method is desactivated even when you activate the mentioned flags .... could it be fixed???

CodeBlocks 8.02v