Author Topic: Valgrind on Code::Blocks  (Read 3041 times)

Offline dario_weimar

• Single posting newcomer
Valgrind on Code::Blocks
« on: June 02, 2015, 10:33:36 am »
Dear community,
   I am trying to use Valgrind to debug my program. I am running it on a Linux Mint, and the Code::Blocks version is the  13.12!

My problem number 1 is that I was not able to find a manual to understand how to run Valgrind in Code::Blocks.

After having read many forum, I was able to install valgrind on my OS and to detect some of the memory problem that my program has.

The problem number 2 is that my Valgrind does not generate a ValgrindOut.xml any more (it did when I run it the first times). I made sure of that by looking inside the default codeblocks folder and after by searching files with that name all around the computer. Do you know what could I do in order to fix this problem?

Thanks in advance,

dario_weimar

Offline oBFusCATed

• Developer
  • Lives here!
    • Travis build status
Re: Valgrind on Code::Blocks
« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2015, 09:05:50 pm »
2. Do you have a project? The valgrindout.xml is generated in the root of the project.
(most of the time I ignore long posts)
[strangers don't send me private messages, I'll ignore them; post a topic in the forum, but first read the rules!]

Offline dario_weimar

• Single posting newcomer
« Reply #2 on: June 03, 2015, 10:11:07 am »
Thank you for your answer. Yes I have a project, but no output seems to be generated at its root.

Any other ideas?

Best regards

Offline oBFusCATed

• Developer
  • Lives here!
    • Travis build status
« Reply #3 on: June 03, 2015, 09:18:08 pm »
What is the log from one of the valgrind log panels?
(most of the time I ignore long posts)
[strangers don't send me private messages, I'll ignore them; post a topic in the forum, but first read the rules!]